Costco Canada Deals

Zender

9 hours ago, Vodium said:

Lego® Technic – Mercedes Benz Arocs 3245

Back in stock. 82 available.

http://www.costco.ca/Lego%C2%AE-Technic-%E2%80%93-Mercedes-Benz-Arocs-3245.product.100161638.html

On March 16, 2016 at 11:32 AM, emonster said:

Got 10 on your original post though... :)

Since you ordered 10 the first time around emonster, can you inform me of how many are in a Lego shipping box? I'm going to guess it's one per, but it might be two. I want it shipped in the case, on the fence on whether to punch in 1 or 2. Not big into Technic but people rave about this set, and 25% isn't too bad at all. Happy with  either 1 or 2, but want them to arrive as minty as possible.... A Lego shipping carton usually provides this. 

1 minute ago, Zelgazra said:

Since you ordered 10 the first time around emonster, can you inform me of how many are in a Lego shipping box? I'm going to guess it's one per, but it might be two. I want it shipped in the case, on the fence on whether to punch in 1 or 2. Not big into Technic but people rave about this set, and 25% isn't too bad at all. Happy with  either 1 or 2, but want them to arrive as minty as possible.... A Lego shipping carton usually provides this. 

2 per box, original lego shipping boxes

13 hours ago, ChristopherJB said:

Muchas gracias amigos. I punched in 4, then read the posts above and feel embarrassed for buying only 4, so I punched in 2 more. Still feel embarrassed, maybe another 2 more in the pipeline.

I hope you are not the one who "punched in two more" all night long. There are only 16 left! ;)

1 hour ago, lego rules said:

Unless you are parting out, I would be careful with Technic sets.  They generally don't offer the best returns.  With new sets coming out each year which are better and better, it is a bit risky stocking up IMO.

All lego sets are risky in general. Look at Benny's spaceship. Feel sorry for those who stockpiled those.
I would beg to differ with you on your opinion on Technic sets. Cargo plane, MK2 Crane are doing just fine EOL. I've made my fair share with a lot of older technic sets. Lots of people also said be careful stocking up on the Sea Cow. Had I listened to that advice, I would've made at least 4k less so far. Down to my last 6 Sea Cows from 30.

re: Costco, they do have nice sales from time to time, particularly technic sets. The cheapest they had the MK2 crane for was 179CAD last year and took a week to disappear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lego rules said:

Unless you are parting out, I would be careful with Technic sets.  They generally don't offer the best returns.  With new sets coming out each year which are better and better, it is a bit risky stocking up IMO.

Think about the parts bin if this fails as an investment. ;)

6 hours ago, lego rules said:

The Arocs set has the new pneumatics which should be around for a while... The trick with Technic is to be patient.. even more than regular LEGO. Quick flipping Technic is not for the faint of heart, but long term the Aroc, MKII, Volvo and a few others are really good sets that should do OK.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, gregpj said:

The Arocs set has the new pneumatics which should be around for a while... The trick with Technic is to be patient.. even more than regular LEGO. Quick flipping Technic is not for the faint of heart, but long term the Aroc, MKII, Volvo and a few others are really good sets that should do OK.

I agree... I am very confident with MKII and Arocs for long term (2 yrs + after EOL). So 2 years from now for MKII and maybe 3.5 years for Arocs. Definitely not ¨for the faint of heart. 

Don`t really see it for the volvo though... But I didn`t write the book on lego investing :)

Edited by emonster
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, emonster said:

Also, the fact that most lego investors shy away from technic, is a big plus for me.

Fewer investors, who are further segregated between the US to Canadian markets, I think it could work out well in our favour selling to other Canadians at the least. Unless US buyers manage to find them at even deeper discounts to offset the shipping costs. Long hold one way or the other, but I doubt the market will be too saturated with these. Nothing like Tumblers or Pet Shops anyway. Been looking at other avenues to diversify into, and this one feels and looks like a pretty safe bet/gamble/investment. :) 

• Like 1

On ‎2016‎-‎03‎-‎25 at 11:03 AM, ChristopherJB said:

All lego sets are risky in general. Look at Benny's spaceship. Feel sorry for those who stockpiled those.
I would beg to differ with you on your opinion on Technic sets. Cargo plane, MK2 Crane are doing just fine EOL. I've made my fair share with a lot of older technic sets. Lots of people also said be careful stocking up on the Sea Cow. Had I listened to that advice, I would've made at least 4k less so far. Down to my last 6 Sea Cows from 30.

re: Costco, they do have nice sales from time to time, particularly technic sets. The cheapest they had the MK2 crane for was 179CAD last year and took a week to disappear.

I only throw some caution into the wind about stockpiling a large amount.  I never said there wasn't winners in Technic.  I also know Technic is not nearly as popular as other themes in NA so a large stockpile could be a very slow mover.

The other thing to keep in mind with Technic builders is most of the sets can easily be made with existing stock.  So unless there is very unique parts, it is unlikely a Technic set will be a big winner.

Cheers.