Costco Canada Deals

Zender

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 6/11/2019 at 7:55 PM, dbrouge said:

Wow - haven't been on in a while and was just going to post this, but it's been on clearance for a month now! 398 units to go... maybe should keep an eye out for further reductions... 

19 hours ago, Shneebs said:

Wow - haven't been on in a while and was just going to post this, but it's been on clearance for a month now! 398 units to go... maybe should keep an eye out for further reductions... 

Well, I don't know if the Costco people keep an eye on this board, or if it was just a big coincidence, but one day later than my post above, the LM2 minifig box has been reduced to $149.97 - 376 in stock at time of writing.

25 minutes ago, Shneebs said:

Well, I don't know if the Costco people keep an eye on this board, or if it was just a big coincidence, but one day later than my post above, the LM2 minifig box has been reduced to $149.97 - 376 in stock at time of writing.

I’d say it’s coincidence. They’ve been marking down sets all month. They’ve marked down and sold out of atleast 7 different sets I believe. 

On 7/11/2019 at 12:50 PM, Shneebs said:

you guys are genius.... boo! it is $149.97 right now!

4 hours ago, Shneebs said:

9 minutes ago, bigreen said:

you guys are genius.... boo! it is $149.97 right now!

I hear an echo...

I went in on one box at 147.97 Not sure if we see much more discount. Although im not to sure how well i will be able to resell these. Dont really want to open the boxes and sell them as a set or per bag.. Guess i will just wait on them till i find a good way of moving the boxes.

• 2 months later...

75222 - Betrayal at Cloud City is also in stock (not sure if I've ever seen it on the Costco.ca site...) @ $329.99.... it's getting some discussion on the "Retiring soon" thread... fairly short life (slated for Dec 2019 retirement)... not sure if it'll be a good investment... 23 in stock at time of writing.

3 minutes ago, Shneebs said:

75222 - Betrayal at Cloud City is also in stock (not sure if I've ever seen it on the Costco.ca site...) @ $329.99.... it's getting some discussion on the "Retiring soon" thread... fairly short life (slated for Dec 2019 retirement)... not sure if it'll be a good investment... 23 in stock at time of writing.

Short life, but even retired not sure who would pay for it?  Am still sitting on the one AoH set I bought two years ago.  No takers

1 minute ago, kouks said:

Short life, but even retired not sure who would pay for it?  Am still sitting on the one AoH set I bought two years ago.  No takers

Fair enough. I did also notice when looking at Brickset that we got a decent Cdn RRP - $399 Cdn vs $349 in US... but I do agree - it's a pricey set and might gather dust... 

30 minutes ago, Shneebs said:

Fair enough. I did also notice when looking at Brickset that we got a decent Cdn RRP - $399 Cdn vs $349 in US... but I do agree - it's a pricey set and might gather dust... 

Yes, I just find the return on the large set is minimal.  Now, I am very limited re-seller (just locally on Kijij) but people don't seem to want to pay too much for the large sets.   That's an interesting point on the RRP though.

I am still tempted by the Ninjago City.  Trying to resist....

5 hours ago, kouks said:

Yes, I just find the return on the large set is minimal.  Now, I am very limited re-seller (just locally on Kijij) but people don't seem to want to pay too much for the large sets.   That's an interesting point on the RRP though.

I am still tempted by the Ninjago City.  Trying to resist....

I'm actually pissed that Ninjago City is back. It has been several months since it was available and it's sold out almost everywhere but Costco, Amazon and Walmart seem to have stock being replenished again. I started going in on 10%... so I'm not happy about more availability AND better pricing. But that's the game I suppose sigh...
I think this one is a winner. I sell on Kijiji locally too and have had a lot of interest surrounding this set... people asking about it even if I don't have a posting for it. Definitely worth it at 20%... I thought with how limited supply was that even 10% was... I guess we'll see.

On 9/19/2019 at 4:20 PM, jimmajenga said:

I'm actually pissed that Ninjago City is back. It has been several months since it was available and it's sold out almost everywhere but Costco, Amazon and Walmart seem to have stock being replenished again. I started going in on 10%... so I'm not happy about more availability AND better pricing. But that's the game I suppose sigh...
I think this one is a winner. I sell on Kijiji locally too and have had a lot of interest surrounding this set... people asking about it even if I don't have a posting for it. Definitely worth it at 20%... I thought with how limited supply was that even 10% was... I guess we'll see.

You convinced me to pull the trigger on one.  Really think it's a cool looking set.  Debating if I should have bought another one or two if they are moving on Kijiji.

11 minutes ago, eliminator said:

They had Hogwarts castle on for $399.99 for several hours. Not a bad deal @ 20%...especially given it's a newer set. They also had the UCS MILF and Carousal again. Those sold out almost immediately. 

I can just picture someone sitting at their screen all day hitting F5.