Angry Birds 2016

Alpinemaps

Guest betsy805

I know what my kids will be asking for.  They've been making their own angry bird scenes this week, wait till they see that it's going to be an actual theme.

P1200264.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, mushedroom said:

i went to toy fair in new york and shot this video...

i cued it up to the angry birds start but you might want to watch the whole video (and the other 2 vids -3 in total) since they give you a glimpse of all the new upcoming sets.

In spite of the larger than regular figures and big pieces altogether, these Angry Birds sets are reasonably priced. I am hardly the target audience for these though I will admit LEGO captured the cartoony aspect nicely. My favorite still is the Bird Island Egg Heist just for the hog on the chopper. Haha. I may purchase the Piggy Car Escape for the heck of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheOrcKing said:

In spite of the larger than regular figures and big pieces altogether, these Angry Birds sets are reasonably priced. I am hardly the target audience for these though I will admit LEGO captured the cartoony aspect nicely. My favorite still is the Bird Island Egg Heist just for the hog on the chopper. Haha. I may purchase the Piggy Car Escape for the heck of it.

right?

i was seriously so impressed with their take on the movie license.

i probably will buy 1 of all of them lol

please check out the rest of the video (whole first part and ending) and also the other 2 vids i posted featuring both holiday advent calendars for 2016

7 hours ago, Frank Brickowski said:

Seems like the guy commenting in that video doesn't know any other verdicts than "awesome", "super awesome", "so, so, so awesome" or any other combination of the word "awesome" with whatever you like... This is best to be watched with the sound off, but wait, then there's also the bad video quality...

Take it easy dude. I'd like to see you try and create any video content in the middle of a packed small lego booth where lego gives you a time limit to shoot. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mushedroom said:

Take it easy dude. I'd like to see you try and create any video content in the middle of a packed small lego booth where lego gives you a time limit to shoot. 

My main criticism was his very limited language, there's no one that keeps him from buying a dictionary. Also, no one keeps him from buying a smartphone with a better camera. Lastly, he would not have to put anything up on YouTube if it is not good enough for others to watch. He still decided to do so, that is why I criticise the video. If I would have been able to do better, is not the question here.

My main criticism was his very limited language, there's no one that keeps him from buying a dictionary. Also, no one keeps him from buying a smartphone with a better camera. Lastly, he would not have to put anything up on YouTube if it is not good enough for others to watch. He still decided to do so, that is why I criticise the video. If I would have been able to do better, is not the question here.

I think you may have missed this part of his post "i went to toy fair in new york and shot this video..."

The castle and the boat look fantastic. Allthough I was sceptical to say the least when I first found out they were going to release Angry Birds lego, 

here's me hoping the movies will create a fresh hype so the sets will too!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

That boat is so ridiculous, I love it.  Part of me wants to get one just because it's a "big ship" and it's different.  I'd be curious to see it sitting next to a Sea Cow.

Is the boat in angry birds big? The set looked small to me in photos? Maybe I'm wrong?

Will these sets be exclusively sold by LEGO stores/LEGO Shop at Home like the Scooby-Doo line?

I'm contemplating the purchase of two AB sets but would wait if these will become available elsewhere.

Scooby Doo isn't exclusive to Lego SAH in the UK, these sets can be pretty much be picked up anywhere? With most exclusives, they generally stay exclusive with SAH for the first 6 months or so and then begin to filter into different stores outside of Lego, which is hopefully when the competitive discounts begin. I'm hoping the firehouse follows that trend!!

5 minutes ago, Manse1001 said:

Scooby Doo isn't exclusive to Lego SAH in the UK, these sets can be pretty much be picked up anywhere? With most exclusives, they generally stay exclusive with SAH for the first 6 months or so and then begin to filter into different stores outside of Lego, which is hopefully when the competitive discounts begin. I'm hoping the firehouse follows that trend!!

Consider yourself lucky then. In Germany Scooby-Doo sets are only available directly from LEGO and I doubt this will change. I could see the same happening to the Angry Birds theme.

Consider yourself lucky then. In Germany Scooby-Doo sets are only available directly from LEGO and I doubt this will change. I could see the same happening to the Angry Birds theme.

Wow, I guess countries have different rights! As I say, available from pretty much anywhere over here but yet to see any real discount, everywhere has the mansion reduced by £5 but with VIP points at Lego it's effectively the same price! The US Lego SAH has a Scooby Doo bundle and it's on sale!! We've seen none of that behavior over here!!

I saw these available at kmart.com, and was tempted but didn't buy.  Looking for the best quick flip, I was leaning towards the 75825 PPS. It's not the biggest set (easier to ship), and has the lowest ppb - especially for what looks like a fair number of big chunky pieces.  Also like that it's a pirate ship, I like the play features of the ship, the fact that it's on wheels, the paddle wheel and oar motion, etc.  And I like the minifigs the best.  I don't know about everyone else, but when I play Angry Birds, Bomb Bird is far and away my favorite bird and for now, he seems exclusive to this set.  I think this set is the top of the line.

• Like 1