Brickpicker Raffle Fundraiser for a Great Cause!!

Ed Mack

On 05/02/2016 at 4:10 PM, Ed Mack said:

Second round of sets went out this morning.  I am still waiting to hear from some winners.  Next sets will go out early next week.  

second shipping raffle winners.jpg

On 05/02/2016 at 4:10 PM, Ed Mack said:

Second round of sets went out this morning.  I am still waiting to hear from some winners.  Next sets will go out early next week.  

second shipping raffle winners.jpg

I think it would be easier to strip the bags out and flat pack the boxes, maybe folding the boxes in half.

Not sure would then be able to move on as mint condition though.

Cheers the awesome effort

Mike 

Bat man :-D 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Squashmike10 said:

I think it would be easier to strip the bags out and flat pack the boxes, maybe folding the boxes in half.

Mike 

Frankly, I would have preferred he wrap them in brown craft paper, slapped a shipping label on, and called it a day.

Alternatively, he could have borrowed a technique from a previous eBay fruitcake I dealt with and shipped the sets wrapped in Christmas gift paper.

I hear that 9/10 collectors like to recieve their prized Town Halls and Death Stars in sealed, destroyed box condition.:lolu:

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Squashmike10 said:

Mike 

The boxes were shipped the way I would expect to receive them...MISB condition.  I want people to be happy with what they receive because we will do this all over again next year.  

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Deadfraggle said:

Frankly, I would have preferred he wrap them in brown craft paper, slapped a shipping label on, and called it a day.

Alternatively, he could have borrowed a technique from a previous eBay fruitcake I dealt with and shipped the sets wrapped in Christmas gift paper.

I hear that 9/10 collectors like to recieve their prized Town Halls and Death Stars in sealed, destroyed box condition.:lolu:

You obviously use the same sellers as me. 

Recited resealed figures, as if putting sellotape over the opened bag helps,

24 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

The boxes were shipped the way I would expect to receive them...MISB condition.  I want people to be happy with what they receive because we will do this all over again next year.  

Would anticipate as such ed,

next year, better start saving girls and boys.

Again awesome effort, and have to say as relatively new collector, site is great a inspiration and resource. Although my bank balance currently might not like it.

As a previous lego builder for display purposes only, I will now stop flat packing my boxes in the loft for storage, (can't find mellennium falcon box :-S) 

Also have recently brought a set where the box might not be opened, this feels odd.

Thanks for the new hobby, long may it last.

And I wish ed and the team good luck topping this year's list of goodies. 

Mike

56 minutes ago, drmirage said:

Very impressive on the members in helping on the fundraiser.  

Im curious if school saved from shutting its doors?

Yes, the raffle saved the school.  While there were many other events and people that added to the $220,000 that was raised over the past year, the LEGO raffle got us close to the $220,000...enough for the decision makers to say yes for next year.  Unfortunately, we will have to raise money again for next year, unless we get enrollment up.  I'm sure we will be doing another raffle at some point.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mcm96 said:

So glad the school was saved for another year.    To increase enrollment I'll send you my 3 kids.:jester:        All the sets looked really great.  Husband is sad he didn't win R2-D2.

Three kids would really help.  I'll get the Principal to work a deal.  It's a great school.

8 hours ago, eriqxlegos said:

Who are the winners to the raffle?

I've asked them all to post photos of their prizes.  It's up to them to come forward.  Nine are from the US.  One Canada.  One UK.  Mostly from the west coast.  None from the Northeast.....unfortunately for my wallet and shipping costs.  LOL

13 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I've asked them all to post photos of their prizes.  It's up to them to come forward.  Nine are from the US.  One Canada.  One UK.  Mostly from the west coast.  None from the Northeast.....unfortunately for my wallet and shipping costs.  LOL

Mine went to my parents in UK, and I will pick up end of Feb, and will gladly post picks. Batman :)

Do I build or keep mint the tumbler. It looks so nice,