Additional Lego Star Wars X-Wing Set Planned for Mid-2016?

jaisonline

Major Update below from the comments sections,  looks like the set will contain BB-8, Flametrooper, Poe wearing Finn's jacket (well, it's Finn's jacket now) and a 4th minifigure which might be Max Von Sydow's character Lor San Tekka.

image.thumb.jpeg.c9dc0ca57bc4d1833d828e1

image.jpeg.700235e3b41dcad73a722073e54a9

It looks like set 75102 "Poe's X-Wing Fighter" will be getting a wingman to help battle First Order Tie Fighters by the Summer of 2016.  

Lego reviewer and insider Just2Good recently published information on two rumored Lego sets and a X-Wing set is among them.  A smaller Jakku-themed set is the other set.

My thoughts...

We can probably expect a white / light gray with blue themed X-Wing.   While the set # isn't known, expect the set to be named , "Resistance X-Wing” and it should be priced similarly to 75102’s $79.99.

There could be 2-3 different groups of minifigures included.  It depends which planet Lego chooses to use as the setting:  Jakku, D'Qar, Starkiller Base (unknown ice planet name) or Takodana.  If Jakku, expect Poe and BB-8 to highlight the set. I doubt the latter will be the used due to set 75102 availability.  This new set more likely will include another pilot such as Greg Grunberg's character, Snap Wexley along with an Astromech Droid plus 1-2 other minifigures.

source : just2good, http://youtu.be/kkEATHDl1K8

View full blog article

• Like 1

What are the odds that there's another OT X-Wing on the not to distant horizon for Rogue One.? If so, that would make 3 X-Wings in let's say 15 months, not including the polybag and the microfighter. Hopefully Rogue One doesn't really feature the X-Wing so LEGO won't produce one. There would be fatigue for that particular vehicle.

As far as this particular rumor, apart from fixing the wings, I really hope that they modify the nose to make it shorter like the TFA X-Wings.

3 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

It might be Atsy, since Snap will be in the Microfighter.  It could also be Blue Three, Jessika Pava.

I'm really excited about this, since this is the X-Wing I really wanted at the initial release.  Poe's is okay, but I want a blue and white X-wing.

Ditto.  I was also expecting a blue & white one.

If this is simply based on the new movie's X-Wing design same as Poe's only with a different color scheme then technically the set should be considered a recolor than a remake and for such a quirky addition out of the blue I imagine it could be a Toys R Us exclusive.

Maybe they will incorporate some of the redesigns that MOC'ers have done with Poe's.

13 hours ago, TheOrcKing said:

If this is simply based on the new movie's X-Wing design same as Poe's only with a different color scheme then technically the set should be considered a recolor than a remake and for such a quirky addition out of the blue I imagine it could be a Toys R Us exclusive.

exactly.  since the film contained 2 diff colored x-wings, it should not be considered a refresh / remake. 

lego will def make some diffs other than diff colored bricks :diff minifigs, accessory smaller builds, etc...

i just hope it's not a TRU exclusive. if anything, amazon or target since TRUTH is in-store only.

I like that they alter it up .  I think collectors will want to get them all regardless of color.  It's a smart move on part of lego IMO.  The average collector would only get at most 2 of the orange, now he needs to get at least a blue or two as well.  I think lego would do ok in making just color changes on some of their cars as well.  What collector wouldn't want a shelf of lined up cars in different color schemes.  Hotwheels did great with it back in the day.  Made some rare colors and made it fun to hunt them down.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jaisonline said:

Ok. We are about to get real nerdy now. Poe's black x-wing has special paint job to be more stealth. That's the reason for the black paint.

Interesting how they pick colours that happen to match the droids´. Like they were bridesmaids for a wedding.

11 minutes ago, conceptmachine said:

Just built poes x wing and it went together well.  I like it!

SAH says 30 days they will ship more.  Any chance the blue and poes will be on the shelf side by side?

Unless they retire the X-Wing at 9 Months, it's a safe bet that they will be concurrent. If they retire it at 9 months, all bets are off. We'd never know when things would go.

• Like 1