Brickpicker App

Faby_acg

The old BrickPicker Forum app is now dead!!!!   Yes it was nice having a dedicated forum app, but they have told me that they are no longer actively adding any new features to it.  I was running into a dead end creating new push certificates for the app and create a new build.  They had no answer for me so at this point it was time to give up on it.  

I have completed migrating the forum to their regular Tapatalk App and it seems to be working great.  Fast, clean and push notifications are working just fine.  If you would like to have the BrickPicker forum on you mobile device, please download the Tapatalk App.

IOS
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/tapatalk-200-000-forums/id307880732

Android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity&hl=en_US

IMG_58614CA00C2B-1.jpeg  image.png

• 3 years later...

So, we all know that nowadays 90% of our time online is through mobile devices for most of us. I guess my question and topic of discussion is for Jeff and brickpicker creators.

Why doesn't the brick picker app have access to not only the forum but all the other features from the site? Including access to brickfolio.

It would be so convenient to check all that through the app while at the store when u run into a good deal or are trying to decide what set to purchase next!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Faby_acg said:

So, we all know that nowadays 90% of our time online is through mobile devices for most of us. I guess my question and topic of discussion is for Jeff and brickpicker creators.

Why doesn't the brick picker app have access to not only the forum but all the other features from the site? Including access to brickfolio.

It would be so convenient to check all that through the app while at the store when u run into a good deal or are trying to decide what set to purchase next!

Its not that we don't want to do it, its just time and money.  I don't have the time and the general cost to do what we would like to do for both iOS and Android would  be ~$15K-$20K.   The forum app is a service that I pay for monthly, it is not an in house app.

I'm sorry, but for me the forum app doesn't work good enough to pay for. I mostly use it for notifications then open the forum in chrome.

What would people want a "brickpicker app" to do that other apps don't. I know the likely answer but I would like to see what people say. For me just simple - add/remove set to/from my portfolio would be great. I keep my inventory on brickset simply because their app does that.

35 minutes ago, Robb said:

I'm sorry, but for me the forum app doesn't work good enough to pay for. I mostly use it for notifications then open the forum in chrome.

What would people want a "brickpicker app" to do that other apps don't. I know the likely answer but I would like to see what people say. For me just simple - add/remove set to/from my portfolio would be great. I keep my inventory on brickset simply because their app does that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the forum app is free.

22 minutes ago, Robb said:

So, what I ment then was: if I was running a internet forum I wouldn't pay for Tapatalk's service. At least not biased on how it performs on Android.

An updated Android version will be coming out in January so hopefully that will make it a little better for you.

1 hour ago, Robb said:

So, what I ment then was: if I was running a internet forum I wouldn't pay for Tapatalk's service. At least not biased on how it performs on Android.

I can tell you that the iOS version is 10x faster and 100x easier to use than the mobile version of the website... Which itself is 10x better after the major upgrade Jeff did a while back.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brickerbrack said:

For some reason the links you are posting don't show in the iOS app

Something is up with the app for certain links and pics.  I reported it to Jeff the other day, so hopefully he's escalating it with the company he buys the software from.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Something is up with the app for certain links and pics.  I reported it to Jeff the other day, so hopefully he's escalating it with the company he buys the software from.

Add to that that sometimes posts are cut short as well ... I noticed one where someone wrote 2 sentences and ended with "I'm jealous." but the iOS App did not show more than "I'm". I had to do "Web view" to see that I just missed "jealous".

14 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I did report it, but they are asking for screenshots. If you can send me screenshots from you mobile device on how it looks to [email protected] that will be helpful.

I did report it, but they are asking for screenshots. If you can send me screenshots from you mobile device on how it looks to [email protected] that will be helpful.

Emailed a screenshot

7 minutes ago, Brickerbrack said:

Emailed a screenshot

Thanks, I am seeing the same stuff on my iphone as well.  I posted it to my conversation with them.   The funny thing is that the links work just fine in their own Tapatalk app, just not the self branded one, so definitely a bug in there.

IMG_4547.thumb.PNG.719ea2745682c0b140d6b

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 9:03 AM, Jeff Mack said:

Thanks, I am seeing the same stuff on my iphone as well.  I posted it to my conversation with them.   The funny thing is that the links work just fine in their own Tapatalk app, just not the self branded one, so definitely a bug in there.

They could always just download the branded one and join Brickpicker to see for themselves. It's not always posts with links, sometimes entire posts with just text are missing too.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Is anyone else having a problem with the app bringing you to posts where you haven't read to yet? Either with new threads I haven't even started on or when I flip the page to continue reading it brings me to the last post rather than the next post...