LEGO Designer Video for 75827 Ghostbusters Firehouse HQ set

jaisonline

Lego recently issued their Designer video for this new set.   Enjoy the video and try not to get slimmed.  Please share your thoughts about this set in the comments section.

Note: Amazon and other online retailers don't seem to have this in-stock yet.  Lego's own Shop web sites does have it in-stock though. Links are below for purchase.

LEGO: USA | UK | CAN

View full blog article

• Like 1

I was cringing and getting goosebumps from the awkwardness. So evident they were reciting some lame text, but gosh! These videos are getting creepier and creepier. 

Also, this is supposed to be a DESIGNER video. Talk about the design aspects please and how the idea of the set came forward, not the commercial details that are present in every review. Any person is capable of that, especially without the added creepiness, you don't need a designer to be present for this... disappointed. 

For example in the HH video the guy was talking about his personal input and his attachment to the theme and the thought behind the characters. That is a good one. This is lame.

Edited by inversion
grammar
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, inversion said:

I was cringing and getting goosebumps from the awkwardness. So evident they were reciting some lame text, but gosh! These videos are getting creepier and creepier. 

Also, this is supposed to be a DESIGNER video. Talk about the design aspects please and how the idea of the set came forward, not the commercial details that are present in every review. Any person is capable of that, especially without the added creepiness, you don't need a designer to be present for this... disappointed. 

For example in the HH video the guy was talking about his personal input and his attachment to theme and the thought behind the characters. That is a good one. This is lame.

Good points.

I think making this video for Marcus (did the Ecto-1 I believe) and the other fella might have felt somewhat awkward in addition to being too brief.  The set does seem to be a 50% rehash of that Ideas project. 

Mot sure why the Ecto-1 wasn't shown driving in / out of the video  

• Like 1

Ah! He cites on his website what TLG wrote to him:

"75827 Firehouse Headquarters was developed independently of any LEGO Ideas submission depicting the firehouse, and is a result of the ongoing relationship we have with SONY Pictures. Our LEGO designers planned and created the set by referencing the Ghostbusters film and through collaboration with the studio."

I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for the reference Eric.

I would be very hard-pressed to believe that some of his design elements didn't give inspiration to the designers behind this GhostBusters HQ.  I also believe they went this route with the Ghostbusters line because they had the production capabilities still available from the previous production of Creator Firehouse.  I feel this set is too close in design to the Firehouse Modular and I'm not sure why anyone would spend the money on this set unless they're a fanatic of those older movies and nostalgia from that era and this series.  Ghostbusters while popular at the time isn't something that tens of thousands of people are going to race to pick up memorabilia for, and I believe LEGO could be putting their efforts in larger more detailed sets to other areas such as items based around their core lines.  I personally believe the only core themes in the LEGO universe getting the creative treatment still include Ninjago, Star Wars, and Super Heroes(Not the recent sets though).  I wonder if they are moving designers to different departments to help? Anyone know?   I don't see many buyers for this set and that will probably make it a home-run when this license runs out.. but I'm just not sure when there are many other large unique and colorful designs why they would produce this.  Why not a UCS Ninja Turtles Sewer hangout if they're going to go this route, I'm sure more kids would ask their parents for a NInja Turtles Sewer lair when they won't even see the Ghostbusters movie.  When going down the LEGO isle there will be maybe 1 kid out of a few hundred or less that would even head towards the ecto-1 or ghostbusters theme when compared to Star Wars, Super Hero or Chima.