75157 - Captain Rex’s AT-TE

HandyHand

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

time to dump the green box ?

Maybe. Maybe not, if I read the description of this set at Brickset:

This too fell below my expectations, although it is quite a good set on the whole and I was perhaps too optimistic before seeing the model. I am impressed by the interior detail and the general shape of the model is accurate to the television series but it is smaller than I had anticipated and the bright colours of the platforms on the vehicle look odd in LEGO. Some colourful panelling appears on the AT-TE in Rebels but this is badly worn, an effect which cannot be replicated using the colours which are available to LEGO designers at present.

Captain Rex, Commander Wolffe and Gregor are included along with a Stormtrooper and an Inquisitor. The labelling did not specify which Inquisitor this is and the actual minifigure was not shown but I would assume it will be either the Seventh Sister or the Fifth Brother as both have only appeared in season two just like the Clones and their AT-TE.

Will wait for a direct comparison between this set and 75019 AT-TE before I make up my mind.

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

It is pretty close to the source material. Question is, is the blue landing pad big enough for the Phantom set ?

tumblr_nwdrxkd55N1qlgu6io1_500.jpg

with some overhang based on what i see in box pics :(  so far scale has been pretty bad in rebels.  heck, my son needs to remove the front half (cockpit) of The Phantom just so it looks sorta with scale when docked in The Ghost.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mattjay said:

What's the view of this affecting the resell pri've of the current AT-TE?

I don't think it will have much impact on the 75019 that retired since they are quite different.  That one was the third iteration, so this release will probably put a remake of the movie version further down the line.

Edited by zskid00
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the concept of this AT-TE in the show, and I think it's cool that they're making a set out of it.  Pretty cool idea to have retired clones living in some old modified clone war tanks.  It's definitely a hodge podge, but that's the point.  I don't think it's going to have any legs post retirement, but still a cool set IMO.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's quirky, but it's a very fun set.  While it doesn't come with a dedicated rope assembly for "big bongo" fishing, the spare pieces include 2 lengths of the stud-ended rope used for the cranes.  Attached together and then connected to the cannon barrel, they work as a perfect ad hoc solution.  You just put a stud backpack piece on Zeb and you're good to go.