Jump to content

Lego 76052 Batman Classic TV Series Batcave Confirmed

Recommended Posts

I can only have it sealed. Ordering stuff to my parents' huge storage rooms in Hungary while working in the UK to get the actual funds. No storage space in the City of London, just a room costs as much monthly as a family home in rural US lol.

Edited by inversion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, inversion said:

 in the City of London, just a room costs as much monthly as a family home in rural US lol.

Tell me about it... That's the only reason why I haven't moved back there yet. I don't know how my brother does it... Sure, there are better paying jobs in London than outside of it, but spending 900£/month for a room in an inhabited house an hour out of the city really is nonsense... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I love it.

For those that were upset with the orientation of the cave on the box, it's not to see it's a bit "modular" in that you can flip it to the correct orientation (poles on the left, entrance on the right, as it was in the show).

For those that are willing to take the risk, this could be a parting out dream.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Personally, I love it.

For those that were upset with the orientation of the cave on the box, it's not to see it's a bit "modular" in that you can flip it to the correct orientation (poles on the left, entrance on the right, as it was in the show).

For those that are willing to take the risk, this could be a parting out dream.

With a 270 price range almost 300 with taxes how much do you guys think the minifigures will net you. I was thinking 15-20 range for those willing to try it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mrbigz8657 said:

With a 270 price range almost 300 with taxes how much do you guys think the minifigures will net you. I was thinking 15-20 range for those willing to try it. 

at least $20 (on avg) each initially with Batman, Catwoman and Joker leading the way.  The Tumbler's minfigs alone were fetching $35-$50 each around Sept / Oct 2014. They settled at around $20 before this month.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

at least $20 (on avg) each initially with Batman, Catwoman and Joker leading the way.  The Tumbler's minfigs alone were fetching $35-$50 each around Sept / Oct 2014. They settled at around $20 before this month.

So the initial thought should be 2/3 of the cost can be recouped by the figs. The bat mobile should fall into the 50-75 range with the demand that is sure to be there in the beginning. Might be a great quick flip at the start

Edited by Mrbigz8657

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mrbigz8657 said:

So the initial thought should be 2/3 of the cost can be recouped by the figs. The bat mobile should fall into the 50-75 range with the demand that is sure to be there in the beginning. Might be a great quick flip at the start

Not sure. I do know the Batmobile from the $119.99 Jokerland set was fetching $25 shortly it's release. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Not sure. I do know the Batmobile from the $119.99 Jokerland set was fetching $25 shortly it's release. 

Better comparison might be the SDCC Batmobile, or, even better, the BL'd ones that people were creating and selling.  I just built it, and saw it was getting (I think) $40.  And it's much smaller than the one included here.  This one is much nice, and much cooler.  I could see this Batmobile going for al little more.

16 minutes ago, Mrbigz8657 said:

So the initial thought should be 2/3 of the cost can be recouped by the figs. The bat mobile should fall into the 50-75 range with the demand that is sure to be there in the beginning. Might be a great quick flip at the start

Keep in mind the big barrier will be the exclusivity of this set.  If this is only available at Lego Stores and S@H, then it will make obtaining this set for part out that much harder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Better comparison might be the SDCC Batmobile, or, even better, the BL'd ones that people were creating and selling.  I just built it, and saw it was getting (I think) $40.  And it's much smaller than the one included here.  This one is much nice, and much cooler.  I could see this Batmobile going for al little more.

Keep in mind the big barrier will be the exclusivity of this set.  If this is only available at Lego Stores and S@H, then it will make obtaining this set for part out that much harder.

For sure. At $270, the Batmobile could easily go for 20% of that. I wonder if this Batmobile has unique elements...

I didn't use the SDCC set because it wasn't a full set like these two sets with Batmobiles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but one disappointing thing, both Batman & Robin can't fly in the helicopter together.  I might be seeking a dual-seat mod, but I'm not sure if they make a larger bubble?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but one disappointing thing, both Batman & Robin can't fly in the helicopter together.  I might be seeking a dual-seat mod, but I'm not sure if they make a larger bubble?

You're right, and you mentioned earlier the helicopter, so disappointing-thanks for pointing...it. Probably no double bubble either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

You're right, and you mentioned earlier the helicopter, so disappointing-thanks for pointing...it. Probably no double bubble either

It's just not the same if Robin can't take over the controls while Batman climbs down the ladder before he faces the shark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

It's just not the same if Robin can't take over the controls while Batman climbs down the ladder before he faces the shark.

Auto pilot? It's just not the same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but one disappointing thing, both Batman & Robin can't fly in the helicopter together.  I might be seeking a dual-seat mod, but I'm not sure if they make a larger bubble?

That's a good point I didn't notice that! That's kind of a big deal so I'm sure someone will moc it 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but one disappointing thing, both Batman & Robin can't fly in the helicopter together.  I might be seeking a dual-seat mod, but I'm not sure if they make a larger bubble?

 

 

dubble bubble.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more I think about this set, the more I gotta go back & stare at it. The more I stare at it, the more I want it.

I think that price sticker will mean absolutely nothing the more time goes on...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am wanting to love the set

I am still trying to figure out how I can slap three of these together with three aa plus two helms deep and a creative tower and come up with a complete Wayne manor with bat cave

Edited by trekgate502
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mrbigz8657 said:

Does Lego keep a tab on how many you buy if it's from three or four locations 

Lego will sell you as many of these as you want.  Seriously.  You could buy 100 of them and nobody at TLG is even going to glance at the Banhammer hanging there on the far wall. 

I love Lego and I love almost every set they produce. I even really like this one! It's campy and original and cool. I'm glad they made it.

BUT... it's going to be a massive flop. After the first 30-60 days when all the superfans buy one, they won't be able to sell one of these a week on the website.

It's just going to sit there, wallowing in its 1960s goodness, collecting dust... until somebody in Denmark takes it out into the desert, digs a 23x19x5 hole, and puts a bullet in it just to put it out of its misery.

Sorry to sound so harsh, but the price tag is just too disproportionate to the size of the fan base. For $150 this would do well. For $200 it would do okay.  But for $270 it's just a total mismatch for *normal* people shopping at their local B&M.

Edited by mfortunek
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mfortunek said:

Lego will sell you as many of these as you want.  Seriously.  You could buy 100 of them and nobody at TLG is even going to glance at the Banhammer hanging there on the far wall. 

I love Lego and I love almost every set they produce. I even really like this one! It's campy and original and cool. I'm glad they made it.

BUT... it's going to be a massive flop. After the first 30-60 days when all the superfans buy one, they won't be able to sell one of these a week on the website.

It's just going to sit there, wallowing in its 1960s goodness, collecting dust... until somebody in Denmark takes it out into the desert, digs a 23x19x5 hole, and puts a bullet in it just to put it out of its misery. 

This made me laugh. Mostly because it's probably going to be proved to be false.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...