Lego 76052 Batman Classic TV Series Batcave Confirmed

jaisonline

Ah this set is frustrating.  Things to love, things that annoy me. 

Pros:

The front of the manor, great detail. 

The manor itself.  again, love the detial. looks great. the secret door. 

The way they slide around the pole to the bottom, very original and old school style. 

The batmobile is a huge winner. 

Most of the figures are great.  some are boring. 

Cons: 

The price.  Not touching it for that reason alone. 

and then there's the biggest problem to me.  The fact that it doesn't feel like anything in particular.  I hate when sets are in sections.  They just sit next to each other.  If you separate them, they don't feel like anything on their own.  When you put them together, they are no actually connected so again, doesn't feel like anything.  Why can't they just make it a solid build.  It feels so unfinished.  The sections on their own are just not interesting.  

Cool set but just not enough, especially for that price.  I hoped it would be a lot better.  Some cool things overall in chunks but it's just not all there.  And this is from a love of Lego and displaying and or play sets, not speaking as a reseller.  For selling, I just don't see this being a home run either but just moderately ok. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I enjoy it when all of you give reasons not to buy this set. Reaffirms my reasons to buy.

The less of you that want to buy now, the less resellers there will be when it retires.

whoa there alpine

buying for personal and buying for resale are two different things who said I would not be stockpiling this thing

just teasing

rofl

I like it but take away the Batmobile and minifigs and you're left with an incomplete looking structure.  That's a problem for someone spending this kind of money on a Lego set.    Kind of reminds me of The Lonely Mountain except twice as expensive.  And no discounts...

On 12.1.2016 at 6:56 PM, staggs9696 said:

Definitely not worth the 270$ xD Seriously... Only thing that justifies the massive price up is the wall paper because the rest is stickers, and even that we only get 16 of. One could argue that they have to do a new hair piece for catwoman, and batman's mask is printed too, but these things do not justify such a price... For 150 I would have probably said the same thing... I am absolutely not getting one of these unless I can find it for around 30% of RRP...

Catwomans' hairpiece isn't exactly new. It already appeared in CMF series 14 as the hairpiece of the tigerlady.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...