When returning to Amazon? What to specify is the reason?

rdandy5875

I have a couple sets that I regretfully have to return to Amazon (not a reseller). A couple SW sets came in with the boxes too crushed for me to accept.

Should I specify that "the shipping box wasn't damaged but the items were" or just something vague like "no longer want"?

Does it matter? Thanks all. Best Regards.

7 minutes ago, rdandy5875 said:

I have a couple sets that I regretfully have to return to Amazon (not a reseller). A couple SW sets came in with the boxes too crushed for me to accept.

Should I specify that "the shipping box wasn't damaged but the items were" or just something vague like "no longer want"?

If they're damaged state that, if you don't want them state that.  I would mention that the item was damaged prior to shipping if that's the case.  You may have to pay shipping back if you say you don't want the item any longer. 

• Like 1

Thanks, just finished the return. I did mention in the notes what exactly they did incorrectly that led to the damage.

I just wonder, though, because my definition of damage may not shared with the recipient. What will happen if they deem the items "not damaged". Oh well. Back they go.

I've been pretty lucky so far imo. This is the only amz return out of a dozen orders.

2 hours ago, rdandy5875 said:

If the boxes were damaged, you should say that.  It's true and will prevent you from having to pay return shipping costs.