Walmart Marketplace

Bold-Arrow

2 hours ago, Kenxxx said:

I wonder if the Walmart "Marketplace" could back-fire on Walmart? When I search "Lego" in the toys category today, I get a page full of offers, including... a $171 Creative XXL Box, a $72 Vacation Getaway, a $290 Ferris Wheel, a “Reduced Price” $129 Destiny’s Bounty, a $47 Hulkbuster Smash, a $69 Large Creative Box 10698, a $180 High Speed Train, $83 Architecture New York City, $109 Santa’s Workshop, $110 Vader’s TIE vs A-wing, $45 Scooby Mystery Machine, $73 Avenger’s Tower, etc... a few dicsounts on the page, but a LOT of jacked up prices.  For the casual customer, it gives the first impression that Walmart has some expensive Legos... would make me inclined to say, "Well, I'll just have to shop on Amazon..."  They really should find a way to feature their own offers as the first several lines on the page... maybe put the Marketplace offers as a single line or two at the bottom, maybe even in a different font or color.

Walmart is useless at ecommerce. It is the reason they overpaid massively for Jet, to bring onboard that online marketing talent. Amazon is extremely smart and they know to hide the over-inflated third party prices (that is why they don't give the buy box when prices rise past a certain level). Walmart's customer service is piss poor, and I expect their third party merchants would offer the same. When Walmart goes the way of kodak, blockbuster, and sears I won't be complaining. Like all of those companies they realized too late that the market had changed and now they are scrambling. Once Amazon has built its own delivery transportaion network and offers 3 hour delivery on all of its catalog to 90% of the country (within 10 years) it is lights out for the walton family.

• 4 years later...

This came out today

One practice that is becoming more popular in the industry is sellers arbitraging between retailers. These actions negatively impact the customer experience and violate Walmart Seller Agreement Policies and Standards. Any seller suspected of arbitrage will immediately be suspended and could potentially be terminated.

We expect all sellers to own their own inventory and ship items in plain, unbranded boxes. Another option available is to use Walmart Fulfillment Services (WFS), where we store, pack, ship your orders in two days or less, and handle all customer support and returns.

6 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

This came out today

One practice that is becoming more popular in the industry is sellers arbitraging between retailers. These actions negatively impact the customer experience and violate Walmart Seller Agreement Policies and Standards. Any seller suspected of arbitrage will immediately be suspended and could potentially be terminated.

We expect all sellers to own their own inventory and ship items in plain, unbranded boxes. Another option available is to use Walmart Fulfillment Services (WFS), where we store, pack, ship your orders in two days or less, and handle all customer support and returns.

LOL, we'll load them up in our Geo Tracker and drop them on the customer's stoop.

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2016 at 10:18 PM, Darth_Raichu said:

This is not anything new isn't it? BN.com allows 3PS sell on their platform, which basically makes searching for LEGO on their site tedious and waste of time.

ETA: which means not only we have to deal with Walmart incredibly unreliable search engine, once you find the item, you have to triple check the price :P

On 12/5/2016 at 6:27 AM, Kenxxx said:

I wonder if the Walmart "Marketplace" could back-fire on Walmart? When I search "Lego" in the toys category today, I get a page full of offers, including... a $171 Creative XXL Box, a $72 Vacation Getaway, a $290 Ferris Wheel, a “Reduced Price” $129 Destiny’s Bounty, a $47 Hulkbuster Smash, a $69 Large Creative Box 10698, a $180 High Speed Train, $83 Architecture New York City, $109 Santa’s Workshop, $110 Vader’s TIE vs A-wing, $45 Scooby Mystery Machine, $73 Avenger’s Tower, etc... a few dicsounts on the page, but a LOT of jacked up prices.  For the casual customer, it gives the first impression that Walmart has some expensive Legos... would make me inclined to say, "Well, I'll just have to shop on Amazon..."  They really should find a way to feature their own offers as the first several lines on the page... maybe put the Marketplace offers as a single line or two at the bottom, maybe even in a different font or color.

On 12/2/2016 at 8:14 PM, Bold-Arrow said:

I've never seen a messier system across all selling platforms.... grrrrr

It's kinda amazing.... 5 years later and all of this still applies. Mind staggering how 3p China sellers with awful seller names and even worse feedback are literally selling counterfeit items on walmarts own listings. 

• 1 year later...
32 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Received an email today with a strange request:

image.png.d1430ba1a43e2b6c5d2f1aba075278cd.png

Has anyone received this? Wondering if it is some sort of phishing scam

Oh my god so many red flags.

1. Downloading a .rar file (an archive file) is a big red flag (.zip would be more logical, but see 2) )

2. Downloading and executing a zipped archive file is never advisable, unless from a totally trustworthy source (and even then, think twice).

3. Disabling Defender Antivirus as a suggestion is ridiculous and the hallmark of a scam

4. I bet you that Partner Support link does not lead to Walmart, nor does the "Walmart Brand Portal Download" button link. Easy to inspect by hovering over it and doing something like "copy hyperlink", then pasting it into a text editor.

Net, burn this email.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well 3 days have passed and no nastygrams so appears to have been a scam.

Does anyone here actually sell on walmart?

I use the "add an item" feature by GTIN but no matter what I do I cannot add an item. Always the same error message

image.png.858090b8cc9870aa35ea2eedda282274.png

But I have never touched that field- anyways its prepopulated with correct info. Very frustrating experience.

13 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

Well 3 days have passed and no nastygrams so appears to have been a scam.

Does anyone here actually sell on walmart?

I use the "add an item" feature by GTIN but no matter what I do I cannot add an item. Always the same error message

image.png.858090b8cc9870aa35ea2eedda282274.png

But I have never touched that field- anyways its prepopulated with correct info. Very frustrating experience.

try the bulk add at the top but still just add one item.

Thanks, but have you actually hit submit and have it work? 

I've tried a dozen sets, all have same ASIN error.

For example, this SF Lego set has 2 sellers now.

image.png.a477f11de1851bfab8c19a9bf502eee1.png

So I try to add by GTIN or item ID

image.thumb.png.c8c13cc084a09553d02a247aceb0c2d2.png

Seems to work well. Altho its odd that it says "No Offers" When clearly there are 2. I add my info like so:

image.thumb.png.919d96349672668404de6dddf7841d2f.png

I hit submit, and get the error in black on the bottom. But I havent even touched that field? 

image.thumb.png.4da93894723955f905ce3d12946b3d65.png

Its very frustrating...

image.png

Edited by Bricklectic

What I've seen is walmart tags almost all of the marketplace items with amazon's ASIN. Everythime amazon makes a change in its product page (even though the ASIN is not changed) this **** happens at walmart. Those who listed before this change happened will still be on the listing but new ones wont be accepted and will pop up the error.

They are using something else apart from the ASIN field, which i gave up trying to figure this. Ultimately leads to a frustrating experience.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

Thanks, but have you actually hit submit and have it work? 

I've tried a dozen sets, all have same ASIN error.

For example, this SF Lego set has 2 sellers now.

image.png.a477f11de1851bfab8c19a9bf502eee1.png

So I try to add by GTIN or item ID

image.thumb.png.c8c13cc084a09553d02a247aceb0c2d2.png

Seems to work well. Altho its odd that it says "No Offers" When clearly there are 2. I add my info like so:

image.thumb.png.919d96349672668404de6dddf7841d2f.png

I hit submit, and get the error in black on the bottom. But I havent even touched that field? 

image.thumb.png.4da93894723955f905ce3d12946b3d65.png

Its very frustrating...

image.png

This one i had listed but it's unpublished for this reason, I'll open a case and see what stupid reason I get

An internal error has occurred, please re-submit the item via Seller Center or API for an update.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So I logged in today to see many of my WFS unpublished due to "high pricing". But, there are other sellers that are selling it for even more than me, and not delisted.

Is there any reason for this? And is there any workaround? For me currently, it will only get published it I sell at close to MSRP, where i take a loss.

14 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

So I logged in today to see many of my WFS unpublished due to "high pricing". But, there are other sellers that are selling it for even more than me, and not delisted.

Is there any reason for this? And is there any workaround? For me currently, it will only get published it I sell at close to MSRP, where i take a loss.

I have seen this often. My price is lower than MSRP and unpublished but other sellers at higher price published. This is for non WFS. Could never figure out what the reason was. The only inference I could make was maybe a pro seller badge makes a difference.