75149 - Resistance X-Wing Fighter

Migration

6 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Is it strange that now this version seems too plain and ordinary to me? The more I think about Poe's X-Wing, the happier I am with it.

i see your point.  i'm old fashion so white / light bley with red is my fav. due to the latter, i like the light bley and and blue better than poe's great pumpkin version :)

at least the blue rubberbands around the wings  / exhaust ports don't standout as much anymore. ha

1 minute ago, jaisonline said:

i see your point.  i'm old fashion so white / light bley with red is my fav. due to the latter, i like the light bley and and blue better than poe's great pumpkin version :)

at least the blue rubberbands around the wings  / exhaust ports don't standout as much anymore. ha

I like white, it reminds me of my original Kenner X-Wing. When that one broke, I eventually got the grey one, and that always bugged me. I doubt this is somehow influencing my feelings on this set. LOL If they put out a sand blue TIE Fighter, I'll be unhappy though.

I am sure once this is in hand, I'll be happy. :)

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 1:34 PM, Haay said:

Having finally seen TFA this weekend (yes, I'm asking for it .... but we don't visit movie theatres so we had to wait for it to come out on DVD/BR) I learned that BB-8 was a custom model. Why is he then included in both Poe's X-Wing as well as in this generic Resistance X-Wing, where I didn't see him on board either of them during TFA? His inclusion in the MF makes sense from a movie perspective .....

1 minute ago, Phil B said:

Having finally seen TFA this weekend (yes, I'm asking for it .... but we don't visit movie theatres so we had to wait for it to come out on DVD/BR) I learned that BB-8 was a custom model. Why is he then included in both Poe's X-Wing as well as in this generic Resistance X-Wing, where I didn't see him on board either of them during TFA? His inclusion in the MF makes sense from a movie perspective .....

This X-Wing actually represents Poe's X-Wing from the beginning of the film when he's at the Jakku village. BB-8 goes up into the ship and appears on top in the astromech position until the ship is too badly damaged to fly. This isn't really technically the generic X-Wing, although it kind of is. See, you get Lor San Tekka and the flame trooper too.

BB-8 is also visible in the Blorange X-Wing over Starkiller base. He's Poe's Astromech. The model isn't unique, I think the paint scheme is. Since several times they refer to a BB unit, it does seem like there must be other ones. Maybe none of the others are orange.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thoroakenfelder said:

This X-Wing actually represents Poe's X-Wing from the beginning of the film when he's at the Jakku village. BB-8 goes up into the ship and appears on top in the astromech position until the ship is too badly damaged to fly. This isn't really technically the generic X-Wing, although it kind of is. See, you get Lor San Tekka and the flame trooper too.

BB-8 is also visible in the Blorange X-Wing over Starkiller base. He's Poe's Astromech. The model isn't unique, I think the paint scheme is. Since several times they refer to a BB unit, it does seem like there must be other ones. Maybe none of the others are orange.

I forgot about the complete beginning of the movie (only having seen it once makes that happen - we're actually lined up to watch the whole thing again this weekend) - technically the X-Wing doesn't fly there, but yes BB-8 and Poe are in that X-Wing trying to take off. I do not recall BB-8 being in the orange/black one over Starkiller Base, but that's just because things get too exciting at that point for me to notice on a first go-through :)

1 minute ago, BarryZola said:

I'm thinking people may want to display Poe's X-Wing alongside this one somewhere down the line? Might look pretty nice.

You need an entire squadron! Start saving up.....

4 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I forgot about the complete beginning of the movie (only having seen it once makes that happen - we're actually lined up to watch the whole thing again this weekend) - technically the X-Wing doesn't fly there, but yes BB-8 and Poe are in that X-Wing trying to take off. I do not recall BB-8 being in the orange/black one over Starkiller Base, but that's just because things get too exciting at that point for me to notice on a first go-through :)

I can't really access google images at work. I've seen a few screen grabs that had BB-8 visible in the ship.

6 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I can't really access google images at work. I've seen a few screen grabs that had BB-8 visible in the ship.

Tried to look but couldn't find anything credible (the escape scene is too vague/distant). Did come across this though (totally unrelated but totally awesome):

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/star-wars/news/a779143/somebody-has-created-the-starkiller-base-from-star-wars-the-force-awakens-in-minecraft/

gallery-1452171925-star-killer-3.jpg

• Like 2

On 14 April 2016 at 7:15 PM, Phil B said:

You need an entire squadron! Start saving up.....

BB-8 in Poe's Black/Orange X-Wing...

image_17.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Today, I received my first Resistance X-Wing Fighter. The difference in box size is mind-boggling. So 23 additional bricks in an extremely similar set obviously made it necessary to enlarge the box by roughly 40%. :girlwacko:

This might explain why the set is priced higher than Poe's X-Wing Fighter in certain markets.

P1150015.JPG

Edited by Brian Briggs
  • Like 4

That's just crazy! But yeah, that's marketing. While the set has 23 bricks more TLG feels they can increase the RRP for it. But they may feel uncomfortable having both sets side by side in the same sized box with a €10 price difference. So they make the box bigger and people just buy it without question. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, DarthBall said:

This one is currently on sale at TRU in Germany/Switzerland for EUR 60 / CHF 65. Do anybody think this is a good price? I am considering buying a few.

Yeah I bought some. Very early to get such a discount. Should do well around christmas because there is no OT X-Wing available.

Lowest I've seen Poe's X-Wing is around 50€.

6 minutes ago, DarthBall said:

This one is currently on sale at TRU in Germany/Switzerland for EUR 60 / CHF 65. Do anybody think this is a good price? I am considering buying a few.

The discount is decent but personally, I wouldn't buy them this early. I think seeing even better discounts next year is likely. Just look at 75102 (Poe's X-Wing) which seems to be permanently discounted to £45 on amazon.co.uk!

10 minutes ago, DarthBall said:

German RRP is 90 euros so I would expect to pay no more than 50 euros at this stage.

• 4 months later...

stock is starting to dry up.  amazon and walmart are third party sellers.  target has it at MSRP.  TRU actually is the cheapest place to get it at the moment. maybe just a seasonal shortage or maybe the beginning of the end.  i have had a difficult time getting pristine boxes of this set - box is too big  - more than half empty and damaged easily during shipping and with spider anti-theft devices.  if this one goes before Poe's x-wing, that would be a pleasant surprise.   or maybe it will be here until Black Friday.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cladner said:

stock is starting to dry up.  amazon and walmart are third party sellers.  target has it at MSRP.  TRU actually is the cheapest place to get it at the moment. maybe just a seasonal shortage or maybe the beginning of the end.  i have had a difficult time getting pristine boxes of this set - box is too big  - more than half empty and damaged easily during shipping and with spider anti-theft devices.  if this one goes before Poe's x-wing, that would be a pleasant surprise.   or maybe it will be here until Black Friday.

Well, the vader vs a-wing set was a summer wave set and it already sailed off into the sunset.  Clone Turbo tank is also being heavily discounted at the moment as well.  I'm starting to wonder if those summer wave sets were a quick blip.  Are we at a new phase where the traditional winter and summer wave sets are 6 to 9 months and then done?  While the force friday waves will remain for a 2 year swing?  It's starting to seem that way.

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 1

highly doubtful. It's all about the numbers (sold) and popularity of certain release. Clone Turbo Tank and A-Wing vs Tie wasn't well reviewed and welcomed by broad community, I think it was just a shelf warmer rather than good seller, even discounted by 40% I simply don't seem them solar sailers with the bright future as a potential investment to anyone.
In addition I would add the fact that most of sets from previous summer release were crap, starting with heavily overpriced Encounter on Jakku ending with Eclipse and Scavenger which are a pure of the purest joke. I wouldn't even take this for free. Maybe as a MOC donor.