5508 - Deluxe Brick Box

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Bricks-More-Deluxe-Brick-Box/13249915

IMO, this is a great deal for this bucket set. If you can afford to hold till Christmas, it will definitely make some money.

Seems to be the type of generic Lego brick box that is usually available the majority of the year. What's your thinking, that because of the discount, it'll be easy to sell this close to MSRP later? Are these types of items often on discount?

It's been sold out during the past 2 Christmas's. They don't make thousands of these for sale so I would expect it to sell out again. $35 is 30% off which is pretty close to wholesale price. Only if you have money/space, I would pick these up. I personally bought them because of past returns. It's gotten as high as $90 before. Even now, you can check the completed eBay auctions and you'll see them ending at $65-$70 shipped not too long ago.

It's been sold out during the past 2 Christmas's. They don't make thousands of these for sale so I would expect it to sell out again. $35 is 30% off which is pretty close to wholesale price. Only if you have money/space, I would pick these up. I personally bought them because of past returns. It's gotten as high as $90 before. Even now, you can check the completed eBay auctions and you'll see them ending at $65-$70 shipped not too long ago.

Wow, had no idea!

• 1 year later...

Did anyone invest in these?  Sealed/New, they're fetching $120 or so on EBay.  I have one at a local Mom & Pop pharmacy that I might pick-up at retail price, $49.99.  They also have 4 x 6166, but they are marked up 33% at $39.99, but I might still pick them up when it's all said and done.

Did anyone invest in these?  Sealed/New, they're fetching $120 or so on EBay.  I have one at a local Mom & Pop pharmacy that I might pick-up at retail price, $49.99.  They also have 4 x 6166, but they are marked up 33% at $39.99, but I might still pick them up when it's all said and done.

I'd definitely pick up the big one of 5508 but unsure about the smaller 6166. If you believe the set can keep going then go for it. I have absolutely no idea why these brick buckets are so popular when retired but there it is. Now I can understand if it were the 4625 as pretty much every piece in that is rare or even exclusive but still doth mind be boggled when it cometh to these items. :wacko:
  • Like 1

i've been finding a lot of 4625's at walmart and 5560s at target lately and have been snagging them.  

these sets don't scream winner when you see them on the shelf but they should do well.

worst case scenario my daughters get to play with more pink bricks.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...