75049 - Snowspeeder

cladner

This set has been sold out a while at shop at home and all retailers  and seems to have gone under the radar with under 100 sellers on amazon and only 58 for sale on ebay.

It's already selling for $73 prime amazon and $55 on ebay .

My average buy-in is $24 and normally I'd start thinking about selling at 2.5-3X the buy in but given the relative rapid response, getting greedy &  thinking about waiting a little.  Still, I could see a Snowspeeder being included with a rumored Hoth base more than seeing an AT-AT.  probably will sell a few now.

i get an error telling me member is not eligible for award after i hit the submit post button - didn't realize it was actually posting until the fourth time- ooops.

just now i hit the submit button one time and it still double posted.  signing off for the evening ----

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

Rumor is that the new Hoth set does come with a Rebel Snowspeeder. My guess is it's just not Luke's snowspeeder with Dak.   Sounds like the Luke minifig is the version where he's being prepped as wampa food.  

Personally, I think with the price point on this UCS hoth set, will have little influence on people's decision to buy this normal snowspeeder set.  The UCS Snowspeeder release will probably have more of an influence on it because people may say "wow, why buy the cheap-o one when I can get this awesome version".. But then again, that's more than likely a 200.00 set, so as long as this set doesn't breech the 100.00 mark, I think those decisions won't weigh on most people.  I think once this hit's around 70.00, i'm releasing most of my stock.  I'm not going to hold them longterm.

Edited by fossilrock

1 hour ago, cladner said:

i get an error telling me member is not eligible for award after i hit the submit post button - didn't realize it was actually posting until the fourth time- ooops.

just now i hit the submit button one time and it still double posted.  signing off for the evening ----

Don't worry about it, site is working again.  And I deleted your other tries.  You're good to go.

I didn't pick up any, but wish I did.  I always loved the Snowspeeder.  This is one that just flew under the radar to me.

Don't worry about it, site is working again.  And I deleted your other tries.  You're good to go.

I didn't pick up any, but wish I did.  I always loved the Snowspeeder.  This is one that just flew under the radar to me.

Zero for me, too. So many excellent choices this year. Can't buy everything.

Zero for me, too. So many excellent choices this year. Can't buy everything.

2 hours ago, cladner said:

2 hours ago, cladner said:

This set has been sold out a while at shop at home and all retailers  and seems to have gone under the radar with under 100 sellers on amazon and only 58 for sale on ebay.

It's already selling for $73 prime amazon and $55 on ebay .

My average buy-in is $24 and normally I'd start thinking about selling at 2.5-3X the buy in but given the relative rapid response, getting greedy &  thinking about waiting a little.  Still, I could see a Snowspeeder being included with a rumored Hoth base more than seeing an AT-AT.  probably will sell a few now.

There is another 75049 listing on Amazon with price around $50. That is the major one with 170 product reviews. With two listings combined there are way more than 100 sellers unloading this. Don't get too optimistic about this one.

Edited by allen9917
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, allen9917 said:

There is another 75049 listing on Amazon with price around $50. That is the major one with 170 product reviews. With two listings combined there are way more than 100 sellers unloading this. Don't get too optimistic about this one.

I'll disagree with that.  This set is already a winner and will continue to be a winner.  I'm not sure where it will plateau, but SW sets in general have been going crazy.  I was pretty shocked that I was able to sell Barc Speeders for ~$70, Corporate Alliance Tank Droids for ~$50, A-Wings for ~$60, and AT-RTs for ~$60 during x-mas.  Things are only going to get better for SW sets on Amazon now that almost everything new coming out will be gated and the number of sellers qualified to sell them will fall dramatically.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MarxMarvelous said:

I had 30 of these and already doubled my money on the first 10 I sold. Blows my mind that an OT SW set would fly under anyone's radar.

I think that a lot of people thought that there would be more time on the blue box SW sets and didn't jump in early on these.  Also, the Snowspeeder set seemed to disappear rather quickly.  I bought them whenever I found them for 20%+ off and didn't find many buying opportunities after September of last year.    

21 minutes ago, redcell said:

I think that a lot of people thought that there would be more time on the blue box SW sets and didn't jump in early on these.  Also, the Snowspeeder set seemed to disappear rather quickly.  I bought them whenever I found them for 20%+ off and didn't find many buying opportunities after September of last year.    

They did go earlier than I thought too. I had decided to get my target early in the year to focus on retiring exclusives at this time of the year. Basically I just bought anything from that line at 25% off or more whenever I could. Was starting to get worried at the size of the stack of blue SW sets, but feeling good now. It worked out this time.

11 hours ago, allen9917 said:

Yeah, I see some of you guys referencing the buy box prices on a secondary listing and wonder if anyone is actually paying that price.  The primary listing has many FBA sellers in the $50-55 range.  Are any buyers actually bypassing this listing to pay ~$23 more on the other listing?  When you search for "LEGO 75049" the $73 listing is second and when you search for "LEGO Snowspeeder" it is down to #7 on the page.  

I agree that this set is doing well out of the gate and is a winner, but sometimes these secondary listings are like pointing out an absurd Buy It Now price on eBay and using that to determine the value of a set.  It's completely irrelevant unless you guys are actually seeing sales at those prices.  How many ignorant buyers are being tricked into paying more with the multiple listings on Amazon?  My guess is not more than a handful, but I really don't know.

Edited by zskid00

12 hours ago, redcell said:

I'll disagree with that.  This set is already a winner and will continue to be a winner.  I'm not sure where it will plateau, but SW sets in general have been going crazy.  I was pretty shocked that I was able to sell Barc Speeders for ~$70, Corporate Alliance Tank Droids for ~$50, A-Wings for ~$60, and AT-RTs for ~$60 during x-mas.  Things are only going to get better for SW sets on Amazon now that almost everything new coming out will be gated and the number of sellers qualified to sell them will fall dramatically.

Look, all I'm saying is the primary listing on Amazon has a FBA price of $50, and we can't be that optimistic thinking it is already going for $70+ on Amazon. Not to say it won't get there some day, but it is not there yet.

12 hours ago, redcell said:

Look, all I'm saying is the primary listing on Amazon has a FBA price of $50, and we can't be that optimistic thinking it is already going for $70+ on Amazon. Not to say it won't get there some day, but it is not there yet.

If the set has already jumped to $50 and is maintaining that price through January, there can be little doubt that the set will be selling for more than $70 by x-mas 2016. The only thing that would prevent that from happening would be a new snowspeeder set with a MSRP of $40 or less.

If the set has already jumped to $50 and is maintaining that price through January, there can be little doubt that the set will be selling for more than $70 by x-mas 2016. The only thing that would prevent that from happening would be a new snowspeeder set with a MSRP of $40 or less.

59 minutes ago, redcell said:

definitely selling on ebay for $55 BIN FREE shipping from a Top Rated seller which is sort of the ebay equivalent of amazon prime.  even the auctions are hitting $50 with free shipping which is a little over 2x my buyin.

i wishfully look at 75049 as sort of the Hoth equivalent of 9493 - sure not the same size in pieces or overall import in the star wars universe, but still, its the craft piloted by Luke during the battle of Hoth and he has his trusted gunner, the ill-fated Dack Ralter.  Dack Ralter minifigure is not exclusive to this set and certainly not as memorable as Porkins letting out his hearty yell as he smears his X-wing on the outer surface of the death star, but still he is Porkins-like in his overall role in the scene showing us how much danger Luke is really in.  this set is OT to the core.  i might be overwishing.

the downside is if they come out with an exact replica of the Snowspeeder in the rumored Hoth UCS.  I am hoping for a larger superstructure with a hangar and battle control room along with a medical chamber.    if it comes with a hangar it seems hard to believe it wouldn't have at least 1 Snowspeeder.  still, if it has only 1, it might need 2 and then 75049 and Dack Ralter ride to the rescue.

sw567.jpg

Edited by cladner

• 3 weeks later...

Is the performance on this set surprising anyone else in the uk & europe? It was just mentioned in another thread and to be honest I've just put these away, forgotten about them, with plans of pairing them with the AT-AT next year.

I remember buying some 50% off, and then debating whether to get more, I personally never thought this set would perform this well this quickly. Obviously been helped buy the film and battlefront, but still wow.

Lowest BIN £67.80 ebay, £65 on amazon.

My buy in was £20, wish I'd bought a lot more.

Edited by TheGallows
double post

I'm still holding onto my lot of them along with the at-at. I would sell the at-at 75054 and the snow speeders 75039 for the UCS Hoth Base. I also have tons of saved up 8083 and 8084 to go along with them. the base should be here around Christmas time, the only bullet we have to doge is if the UCS Hoth Base is acually the UCS At At, that would be bad for all of us who have stockpiled the at-at. 

Edited by Armor

16 minutes ago, Armor said:

I'm still holding onto my lot of them along with the at-at. I would sell the at-at 75054 and the snow speeders 75039 for the UCS Hoth Base. I also have tons of saved up 8083 and 8084 to go along with them. the base should be here around Christmas time, the only bullet we have to doge is if the UCS Hoth Base is acually the UCS At At, that would be bad for all of us who have stockpiled the at-at. 

Another potential bullet is if these sets are released for Rogue One.