Latest TRU Complaining

Seal Cutter

Is it just me, or has the way the TRU site works changed recently?

Before, i could follow from a set to a store stock checker, which would tell me which local stores actually had the item in question.

Now i seem to get a generic store finder, helping me to simply locate the stores, which doesn't help me find sets i'm looking for

Just me?

• 9 months later...

Mainly putting it here because I'm complaining about how hard it is for me to get this (but i could just be being dumb).

In the UK does anyone know what actually TRU gold card points get you?  I signed up for a card and get it scanned but literally have no idea if there is a benefit.  I mean they sent me some useless vouchers for babies r us (well useless for me).... is that what I'm getting?

Any help would be appreciated.

Got the Gold card at the beginning of the year too.  Apart from the Money off coupons they send with the mag i dont understand it too.  Tesco clubcard i understand.

Stock Checker -  I assumed the stock checker only said "sold in stores" if they dont really have the item anymore but there might be one in a store somewhere ie the Sith Infiltrator.  Not available online but found single one damaged & full price in one store.  Couldnt check using the Click & Collect as said "Sold in Store"  This is just my assumption so i could be wrong.

7 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

For TRU UK you only get sent coupons twice a year, they are pretty poor tbh as half of them are specifically for babies r us, no use for lego.

Still you get an occasional email for £5 off £30 spend every few weeks which isn't that bad I guess

So the points get you nothing much?  Probably only going to get the card scanned once a month to stay under the radar.   But the staff know me well...from over the last few months. Just about everytime i go in, i get things price matched.  Right off to collect my last tesco click & collect orders

3 minutes ago, MoHu said:

So the points get you nothing much?  Probably only going to get the card scanned once a month to stay under the radar.   But the staff know me well...from over the last few months. Just about everytime i go in, i get things price matched.  Right off to collect my last tesco click & collect orders

The points determine how many coupons you get.

Every pound you spend equals 1 point, this table below should explain how many vouchers you get.

http://blog.toysrus.co.uk/gold-card-club/

Yes TRU UK goldcard isn't as good as tesco clubcard or nectar, but at least it's some money off and every penny counts.

Screenshot_20161113-151213.png

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Maybe the ban hammer if they track your purchases.

Well TRU at least here in Germany is poorly organised. When I had a 20% Coupon some time ago I could use that more than once with the same starcard.

Even with over 5k I bought there, I get Coupons twice a year with 3€ off 15€ oroccasionally 20%.

Don't get the card aswell.:)