What condition did your shipped Tumbler come in?

TigerJJ

I received 2 Tumblers over the last week or so. One from Amazon, was in a box slightly larger than the set with craft paper in around it. Slightly soft edges on one side of the box but nothing too bad. The other, from Target (the Indiana warehouse, I think). It was in a much larger box with air pillows. It could also move around but no serious damage. It's luck of the draw, based on how they are handled in transit as they aren't really packed well to tolerate rough handling.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 3:20 PM, TigerJJ said:

I'm very skeptical about getting Tumblers from Amazon now.

This is how mine look like after back-ordered for 10 days...looks like someone dig inside of box to check the items. 

Returning now. 

problem with amazon inventory is not all comes from their. they might be using FBA and other source. i have received a whole lot of sets with various labels on barcode.

I started this thread so that all of the Tumbler condition chatter can be centralized into one thread, where it will hopefully not be read because... well people really don't care.

Thanks

P.S. I have 10 Tumblers. Some are dinged up, but I have two of them that are in A+ mint condition that I polish daily. 

• Like 6

This is how mine look like after back-ordered for 10 days...looks like someone dig inside of box to check the items. 

Returning now. 

It might just be an unfortunate puncture from mishandling. What's the weight? Tumblers are hard to come by and if you have little to none ide say to hold onto this before returning. Just in case there are none left. Ask for a steep discount. If you end up keeping it, open it up to confirm contents. Value of it will be close to MISB specimens.

As long as this topic is going to stay on condition of Tumbler boxes, go for it.  I've already moved a couple of posts from Daily Deals over here.  If you see a bunch more, flag them so I can get them.

We do the Thread of Packaging Excellence, but since you all want to talk Tumbler box condition in specific...go for it.

Returning now. 

Why are you returning it?   Box condition usually doesn't mean much.  If this set hits $500, you'll be kicking yourself for returning it,

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 9:24 PM, jaisonline said:

Returning now. 

Why are you returning it?   Box condition usually doesn't mean much.  If this set hits $500, you'll be kicking yourself for returning it,

Already stocked #s of tumblers that I was planning for and this one was the last one that I was going after. But decided to put this $$$ into another sets instead. ;)

1 hour ago, jaisonline said:

makes no sense, just sold one pretty much identical to that about 2 months ago for exactly what mint new ones were going for.  Especially now that its going over retail.

Got one from Target today that wasn't terrible. The shipping "expert" couldn't find an appropriately sized box so it was leaning sideways in the box. Minor crushing with creases. One seal is popped but the others are loose but intact. The weight checks out. I agree that there is no point in returning now. Even if you have to open to verify contents, you can still make money with an open box or no box/sealed bags. 

I sent all my bad ones back.  I have a few with some scuffs but I sent back about 8.  Target was the worse.  Almost every set showed up damaged and this was way before the mad dash.

You chose.....poorly. I'm sure you would be able to sell $350 each with damaged boxes in another month, so send back a grand?

• Like 2

My first (post-"red sold out" at Lego.com) purchase at Target was AWFUL. Ripped end, ugly dents, seals popped. I had already placed another order for 2 and assumed those would be the same or worse due to this batch being likely returns.

Then the next two were immaculate. So i ordered two more, and two more, and two more. Each pair has been outstanding. All ship to store, none in the case, but all mint and no seal issues.

Not sure if the first was a fluke, or if ordering in pairs was a key, or if its all random.

i was hit with a tumbler road block when i got home this afternoon......      boxes are in nice shape, seals popped on one, -but still nice.   Target packed 

1 per box but since they would not lay flat or upright (box a hair too small in all directions), they were put in diagonally with air balloons...     -all things 

considered, they did pretty well.           Now I have to hid these before the better half gets home and figure out how to pay the credit card bill when it comes

in....   lol       ( the fun part )     peace !    pp

IMG_1908.JPG

• Like 1