76052 - Batman Classic TV Series - Batcave

CoastaLego

Do people really watch these kinds of videos?  I clicked just to see who they were done by and that second one is more than 20 minutes long. I couldn't take any more after 30 seconds. 

I don't mind the speed builds if they're short and it's a set I don't intend on buying but yeah that 20 min video is a big no thanks. I can't stand Jang bricks voice even for 30 secs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gregpj said:

I don't mind the speed builds if they're short and it's a set I don't intend on buying but yeah that 20 min video is a big no thanks. I can't stand Jang bricks voice even for 30 secs.

He's not that bad.  His review videos are nicely done and are far better than most of the other youtubers.  

21 minutes ago, Mos_Eisley said:

Do people really watch these kinds of videos?  I clicked just to see who they were done by and that second one is more than 20 minutes long. I couldn't take any more after 30 seconds. 

With presently 571,725 subscribers and rising, I guess so. I am more for pictorial reviews but some of these like Jang's are good albeit lengthy.

32 minutes ago, gregpj said:

It was my first time watching one of his videos, and it was not pleasant to listen to at all  

33 minutes ago, gregpj said:

I'm with you guys on his voice.  I've seen a couple videos from him, and I tend to just look past his voice because he does pretty good reviews.

As far as what I watched, it just further confirms what I was originally thinking...  I'll be passing on this without a doubt.  It does not look like a $270 set, and like people's complaints with UCS Hoth, it's too much, or really it's lacking in everything.  All I could gather from this set, aside from some cool unique pieces, is that people will only buy this set for the minifigures, or people will buy it to part it out.

It's just so unfortunate, because it could've been a really cool set.

I just don't understand what's going on with Lego here... this is now 2 exclusives, (this batcave, and Assault on Hoth,) that seriously look like a kid put it together.  Ugh, I hope this isn't some new trend from Lego.

• Like 1

I agree that Jang doesn't have the most pleasant voice to listen to, but his reviews of Lego sets are thorough and informative. Not shying away from giving criticism where criticism is due. I like that he touches all the details of the sets he reviews and I usually find myself agreeing with his opinions. 

His voice is something he can't do much about it, but his reviews are worth it. So I do listen to them whenever he reviews a set I'm interested in, and I have subscribed to his YouTube channel as well.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

He's at least clean in his videos and kids enjoy them. I'm thrown off too, but my son talks about him like he's our neighbor he just talked to about the latest LEGO set.

He talks too much for me.. his reviews are too long, but yeah my kids loved his Bionicle reviews and I know he speaks respectfully unlike many other videos Youtube recommends when a video is over.

• Like 2

Okay... couldn't watch the whole video either.. but hey... some of us were born with an annoying, nasal voice... what's a guy supposed to do ? ... hire a voice actor to dub over our (free to watch) youtube videos?

Anyway... about the set... I don't much care for it either. The main thing is... I don't remember the Batcave having so much tan / brown.  I thought it had more of a bluish-grey feel to it.  I've been searching youtube for images from the TV series... kind of hard to find good ones, but now I see that there was brown cave in the background. It must be the grey computers, floor, etc, in the foreground that left me with that impression.  Along the same lines (my vague recollections of the show) I have no real memory of the nuclear reactor (a center-piece of this model). Again - reviewing the tape - I see it there in the old footage. It was a big part of the backdrop of the Batcave.  I just don't remember it. Did it play much of a role in the series?

Maybe it's just me, but when I think of 60's Batcave, I think of Batmobile (nicely done here), Bat poles, bat computers, a bluish-grey cave environment, and maybe an ivy-covered exit for the Batmobile (with a road block sign that automatically flipped up). I think they could have made the reactor more of a "background feature", to add more floor space, computers, gadgets, etc.  Including stately Wayne Manor is a nice idea, but cannot really be done justice in a set like this. They could've eliminated the entire back side of Wayne Manor, and added more detail and more "cave-iness" to the cave. For me, the colors and gadgets of the 6860 Batcave bring back more of the feeling of the old Batcave than this new set does.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

Okay... couldn't watch the whole video either.. but hey... some of us were born with an annoying, nasal voice... what's a guy supposed to do ? ... hire a voice actor to dub over our (free to watch) youtube videos?

Hire Morgan Freeman because he makes everything better.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

They could've eliminated the entire back side of Wayne Manor, and added more detail and more "cave-iness" to the cave. 

Nah, I think you've got to have the back side, for the wall climbing.  If there was something that was a staple of the 66 Batman series, it was the climbing the wall and talking to a celebrity making a cameo in the window every episode.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alpinemaps said:

Nah, I think you've got to have the back side, for the wall climbing. ...

Definitely that was a great part of the series. But I don't remember them climbing Wayne Manor. And it aint the Batcave. Yes... absolutely a nifty idea... very fun... it definitely adds to this (lacking) model. I would enjoy playing with this part of the model if I built it myself.  But it also adds a lot of height, cost, and piece count that could have been used to make a much better Batcave.