76052 - Batman Classic TV Series - Batcave

CoastaLego

• 2 weeks later...

This is a must have set for me but only for the mini figures. I shall wait till it gets a discount, buy it then part everything apart from the mini figures to off set the price. I do think the build is really good but i wouldnt display it and my eldest already has 6860 which i would say is better for the play factor. I do think this has great potential when it goes EOL assuming the figures dont turn up in other sets.

I highly doubt these figures will be re-used. At $270, the figs make up alot of the urge to by the set. I can't see LEGO giving the fans that shelled out almost 300 bucks the finger and putting any of the figures in other, cheaper sets. The licensing and all probably was fairly expensive to receive as well. And there's hardly any additional stand-alone sets that could be made based on the series, other than perhaps a duplicate batmobile. But I doubt that would happen either.

I bought one of these and sold the minifigures and vehicles.  I'm going to keep everything else to make a larger Batcave down the road when I buy this set again for my personal collection.  I was able to get the net price for the Batcave pieces down to $40 after fees, shipping, and everything else.  It's probably close to 2,000 pieces after taking out the minifigures and vehicles but that's just a guess.

• Like 5

Anyone incorporate this into a city layout with some additions?  Obviously it wouldn't go right next to modulars. But I am thinking of buying one to make a Wayne maner up on a hill away from the city... would like to see how scale stacks up if anyone has any pictures next to a city layout or incorporated into their city...

• 1 month later...

I finally saw one of these on display the other day and well, it looks awesome, i was shocked at how big it was, i know it has a lot of pieces but for some reason i thought it would be smaller. I will be buying a Batcave to display once i find it at the right price, im not sure what that price is but i will know when i see it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 22/08/2016 at 2:08 PM, Mhd747 said:

Visited lego store yesterday, supposedly this is a terrible seller. Has not been sell well in UK.

Now possible to get this from Smyth Toys using a £20 off voucher code SEP20 for £163.99 (they've got 20% off this weekend).

I'm really tempted to get one for myself and one to sell on, but if it's not selling well then is there any profit here in the UK? May just get the one in that case!