40223 - Snowglobe

Val-E

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm going to build the Nutcracker and Snow Globe from my last shipment and display them on the lounge window. I have plenty to sell next year so I may as well enjoy them which I don't often do. Normally greed prevails ;-)

• 11 months later...
On 11/29/2017 at 9:38 AM, Sfcommando14 said:

All this means is it won't be GBH. It will still sell FBA for $50 next Christmas, and $60+ the year or two after that. You just paid $10 for it. If you guys have better sets that will be 5x buy-in next Christmas, slide on into my DMs.

Just getting this back into people's mind. No matter what the complainers (at the time) said, this set has been a great money maker. I got 30 during the surprise sale last year, sold 5 for $40 on Amazon as a QF, and sold the remaining 25 over the last month or two on Amazon for $60 each. @Sfcommando14 was wrong and right at the same time :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Phil B said:

Just getting this back into people's mind. No matter what the complainers (at the time) said, this set has been a great money maker. I got 30 during the surprise sale last year, sold 5 for $40 on Amazon as a QF, and sold the remaining 25 over the last month or two on Amazon for $60 each. @Sfcommando14 was wrong and right at the same time :)

I sold 30 of mine for $60 as well.  I just chuckled at people saying the $9.99 offer was going to kill the value. 

• Like 3

Just getting this back into people's mind. No matter what the complainers (at the time) said, this set has been a great money maker. I got 30 during the surprise sale last year, sold 5 for $40 on Amazon as a QF, and sold the remaining 25 over the last month or two on Amazon for $60 each. [mention=61513]Sfcommando14[/mention] was wrong and right at the same time

I’m taking a W on this...
c8752e5f637835a977188d9eccb3eb62.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app
  • Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

I had a call yesterday afternoon from a buddy in Minehead, that branch of Poundland had some on the shelf at £7.50 each and I formally authorised "Project Armsweep". I'm not sure how many or in what state, but I'll pick them up between Xmas and NY.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, roxio said:

Small Xmas promos/vignettes are like buying money. Went in hard on these at £8.49 from TLG surprise sale last month and the earlier O2 promotion.

Hope the current carousel similarly pops up post Xmas 

O2 Priority is great, we use O2 at work and I use what codes I can if there's anything worth ordering and just give the rest away on here only, HUKD can go do one! Somer HUKDers are stupid enough to post codes and they often work if you're quick enough. I had a lot of fun with that before they banned me.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Sozial said:

I only got 50 pcs, because I thought they will not deliver. yeye. mistakes have been made.?

If something is a dead cert, you simply have to max out. I cleaned out the Mars Rovers a few years back by using over 25 different SaH accounts ?

image.png.1a6dfddf9c72e0582f489b67f4f4dbcf.png

6 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

If something is a dead cert, you simply have to max out. I cleaned out the Mars Rovers a few years back by using over 25 different SaH accounts ?

image.png.1a6dfddf9c72e0582f489b67f4f4dbcf.png

The only problem with LEGO Shop at Home is that there system is good in detecting multiple orders....