21030 - United States Capitol Building

HandyHand

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Awesome.  This is the set i've been most interested in getting for my collection this year. This, the Brick Bank, and perhaps the U-wing are the only sets this year that have given me something to look forward to from lego, in an otherwise very lackluster year.

Do you guys know if this is the same box size as Imperial Hotel, Fallingwater, Villa Savoye? I take it this is available on September 1st?  Usually, January 1st, May 1st and September 1st is when they traditionally release architecture sets.

Edited by fossilrock
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Awesome.  This is the set i've been most interested in getting for my collection this year. This, the Brick Bank, and perhaps the U-wing are the only sets this year that have given me something to look forward to from lego, in an otherwise very lackluster year.

Do you guys know if this is the same box size as Imperial Hotel, Fallingwater, Villa Savoye? I take it this is available on September 1st?  Usually, January 1st, May 1st and September 1st is when they traditionally release architecture sets.

Its close but think a little thicker.  Only 2 per case.  Same width as advents but little shorter and deeper.  

Buckingham was a weird box.  Similar to louvre but much deeper.  Only 2 per case on those as well 

20160818_094446.jpg

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

Its close but think a little thicker.  Only 2 per case.  Same width as advents but little shorter and deeper.  

Buckingham was a weird box.  Similar to louvre but much deeper.  Only 2 per case on those as well 

Thanks!  That's good to know.  I like it's the same, even if it's just a little thicker.

• Like 1

On August 18, 2016 at 9:16 AM, fossilrock said:

Looks great can't wait to get it. Agreed lackluster year. 1 of only 4 sets I will buy this year for my collection along with Porsche, Big Ben, and Disney Castle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

What's more tedious Capitol,  Big Ben, Robie, other?

Big Ben cause it's 4 times the size. I didn't do robie cause you and another member repeatedly told me I would not enjoy it.

This one starts off tedious then seems to get better. 

The little pieces just get aggravating with big hands.   Big ben needed it though to make it look so detailed.

Edited by ravenb99
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...