USPS problems?

stackables

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with USPS lately?  I have already have one package go missing and of course usps can't do anything about it and now I have another package that hasn't moved in 3 days.  The latter package is suppose to go to NC but it is still stuck in Detroit.  Starting to get concerned.

What have you been shipping?  I've noticed that my larger packages with $100+ sets have often been taking 5-7 days to arrive even with Priority Mail shipping and going to nearby states.  The Priority Mail estimates are either 2 or 3 business days but I find that they rarely hit that delivery timeline.  Fortunately nothing has been lost or damaged yet this month that I know of.

8 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

What have you been shipping?  I've noticed that my larger packages with $100+ sets have often been taking 5-7 days to arrive even with Priority Mail shipping and going to nearby states.  The Priority Mail estimates are either 2 or 3 business days but I find that they rarely hit that delivery timeline.  Fortunately nothing has been lost or damaged yet this month that I know of.

Small first class padded envelopes.

How do you know the package is stuck in NC? I would bet it has moved on but hasn't been scanned again. I wouldnt worry about a package that hasn't "moved" for a few days. Are you checking this or are your buyers?  You sound like the buyers who wonder where their package is 2 days after they bought it. They're my favorite. 

9 minutes ago, Mos_Eisley said:

How do you know the package is stuck in NC? I would bet it has moved on but hasn't been scanned again. I wouldnt worry about a package that hasn't "moved" for a few days. Are you checking this or are your buyers?  You sound like the buyers who wonder where their package is 2 days after they bought it. They're my favorite. 

Trader...Like I said, I have already had a package disappear and the package never moved from a sorting facility.

I have a similar issue with USPS.  I printed a shipping label for a padded first class envelope, scheduled a pick-up (with other packages), and had the Post Office pick up all of the packages, only to have this one envelope not logged in as tracked. Frustrating - they Post Office's response is "we must not have received the package since it was never scanned".  I will be sending replacement minifigures out next week if nothing changes.  So disappointing...

I get that, it happens. I'm sure everyone who has done a lot of shipping has lost something at some point. But watching tracking numbers isn't going help or prevent it from happening. I've sent same class packages at the same time - one going 100 miles away and the other 1,500 miles and the further one arrived first.  There's no way of knowing how long any package is going to take, even the next time you send a package to the same exact place. 

USPS upped their prices they need to up their service :tommy:

I was hoping someone around NC would tell me if they were experiencing shipping delays.

15 minutes ago, TargetZero said:

why isnt this in the usps site forum lol

Please direct me to said forum.

Edited by stackables

On January 29, 2016 at 3:13 PM, stackables said:

USPS upped their prices they need to up their service :tommy:

Please direct me to said forum.

it was a joke, 

I wouldn't go in this if I were you, google is a nice tool you know. But if you beging to read complaint about a compagni you arent finish.

**** happen but 99% of the time it's ok. Call them.

1 hour ago, stackables said:

Trader...Like I said, I have already had a package disappear and the package never moved from a sorting facility.

I would go to the USPS website customer service and try contacting them with the tracking number:

https://www.usps.com/help/welcome.htm

I've gone this route before when a package was "stuck" somewhere in the system past the delivery date and they've made an inquiry which magically got the tracking moving again.  I doubt this method is very full-proof but it's worth a shot as your first step.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

I would go to the USPS website customer service and try contacting them with the tracking number:

https://www.usps.com/help/welcome.htm

I've gone this route before when a package was "stuck" somewhere in the system past the delivery date and they've made an inquiry which magically got the tracking moving again.  I doubt this method is very full-proof but it's worth a shot as your first step.

Yeah, I already put in an inquiry.  Waiting to hear back or at least tell me they are having delays shipping to the east coast.

• 2 weeks later...

To my dismay, a very well packaged Ecto-1 was damaged during USPS transit. The container box looks like it was folded!!! The crease was so harsh that it cut into the bubble-wrapped Lego box inside. I was very UNHAPPY to receive what WAS a brand new looking box! I guess the big FRAGILE meant nothing to these individuals handling some one else's item.

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2016 at 4:16 PM, BrickMarket said:

My mailman must have been in quite a hurry on this overcast/rainy day. I had to really tug on this bag of 25 #2 bubble mailers to dislodge it from the mailbox that is approximately 60 feet from my front porch...

At least it wasn't LEGO. Did the mailman at least put the little red flag up to let you know it was there? :lol:

• Like 1

My tracking status bar says....Accepted....In Transit....and has been sitting there for a few days, it has yet to say out for delivery, just available for pickup, any thoughts?

Available for Pickup

Mar-14-16, 10:54 AM,

Sorting Complete

Mar-14-16, 09:15 AM,

Arrived at Post Office

Mar-14-16, 06:05 AM,

Arrived at USPS Facility

Mar-12-16, 22:50 PM,