Ebay Bucks?

stackables

So this month was the first time I spent enough to qualify for some ebay bucks.  Anyway, they expire the 2nd so I ended up using them.  My ebay order details shows the bucks taken off the total but when I go to paypal, the full amount is charged.  Is this normal?  Do I get credited later? Any help would be appreciated.

6 minutes ago, stackables said:

So this month was the first time I spent enough to qualify for some ebay bucks.  Anyway, they expire the 2nd so I ended up using them.  My ebay order details shows the bucks taken off the total but when I go to paypal, the full amount is charged.  Is this normal?  Do I get credited later? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm pretty sure that is normal.  I found it to be odd, too.  If you click on the Paypal transaction it should show up as a discount, credit, or something to that effect.

8 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

I'm pretty sure that is normal.  I found it to be odd, too.  If you click on the Paypal transaction it should show up as a discount, credit, or something to that effect.

I am not seeing any credit on my paypal activity page.  Just the full price being deducted.  The "view paypal transaction" on the ebay order details just links me to some error page giving me the option to logout or go to my account.

7 minutes ago, stackables said:

I am not seeing any credit on my paypal activity page.  Just the full price being deducted.  The "view paypal transaction" on the ebay order details just links me to some error page giving me the option to logout or go to my account.

Scrolling down the transaction details for a purchase I made with eBay bucks shows this:

Funding Type:   Redemption Code
Funding Source:   $218.02 USD - Bucks Voucher #..........

9 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

Scrolling down the transaction details for a purchase I made with eBay bucks shows this:

Funding Type:   Redemption Code
Funding Source:   $218.02 USD - Bucks Voucher #..........

Got ya, I just clicked on the transaction and it show paid with my ebay bucks coupon and the rest on my credit card...weird.  I just figured that the reduced amount would be shown on my activity page.  Thanks for the help.

Edited by stackables

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, woodyhtc said:

Is this a per individual promotion? Does it have amy5 coupon codes? I didn't see anything in my email or my eBay page..

Yes, I believe ebay bucks promotions are always targeted based on purchase history.  I believe you have to hit a certain amount per month before they send you the promotion

Edited by JLEW700

11 minutes ago, JLEW700 said:

Yes, I believe ebay bucks promotions are always targeted based on purchase history.  I believe you have to hit a certain amount per month before they send you the promotion

12 minutes ago, JLEW700 said:

I am pretty sure that is not the case.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, stackables said:

I am pretty sure that is not the case.

I prefaced my statement with "I believe" because it really is a guess on my part but your comment is not a helpful unless you give a counter theory or fact as too why some people receive the promotion and some dont.  Simply saying "I am pretty sure that is not the case" is not helpful to anyone.

5 minutes ago, JLEW700 said:

I prefaced my statement with "I believe" because it really is a guess on my part but your comment is not a helpful unless you give a counter theory or fact as too why some people receive the promotion and some dont.  Simply saying "I am pretty sure that is not the case" is not helpful to anyone.

I have only reached my ebay bucks quota once but I still receive every ebay bucks promotion. 

11 minutes ago, JLEW700 said:

Sometime in the past, someone contacted EBay because they were not receiving the EBay Bucks promotions.  I received every EBay Bucks promotion throughout 2014, last year I received zero.  This aligned with what the person who called EBay relayed to us.  Basically, you are selected or in a pool of folks who receive these promotions.  The pool is selected annually.  Those in the pool receive the promotions, those who aren't, do not.  I'm in the pool again for 2016, so I've received every promotion thus far.

6 minutes ago, stackables said:

I have only reached my ebay bucks quota once but I still receive every ebay bucks promotion. 

I have 2 ebay accounts.  There have been times when I have received ebay bucks promos on both accounts and times where I have received ebay bucks promos on 1 of the 2 accounts. 

2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Sometime in the past, someone contacted EBay because they were not receiving the EBay Bucks promotions.  I received every EBay Bucks promotion throughout 2014, last year I received zero.  This aligned with what the person who called EBay relayed to us.  Basically, you are selected or in a pool of folks who receive these promotions.  The pool is selected annually.  Those in the pool receive the promotions, those who aren't, do not.  I'm in the pool again for 2016, so I've received every promotion thus far.

Will calling because you are not receiving ebay bucks get you in the current years pool?

3 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I've never been invited to the pool party. :mda:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

Read my post. You need to invite yourself. You "opted out"...

Im not sure thats true.  Below is a screen shot from my ebay account that recieved ebay bucks promos in 2015 showing that I am "opted in".  However this account did not recieve todays promo.

56bb53d1b3368_ebaypromos.JPG.905fe59b25a

9 minutes ago, JLEW700 said:

Im not sure thats true.  Below is a screen shot from my ebay account that recieved ebay bucks promos in 2015 showing that I am "opted in".  However this account did not recieve todays promo.

Well, that sucks 'cause they're useless for most everything else when calling... Sorry guys...

Edited by dcdfan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

I think this might be true.  I received every offer mentioned here in 2015, but have not received any this year yet.

3 hours ago, gregbaynes said:

I think this might be true.  I received every offer mentioned here in 2015, but have not received any this year yet.

I received two of the eBay buck promotions late last year.  When I got the first one I was hopeful that I would get them from then on.  But I only received one more and since then I've been back to only getting free listing or sell your old cell phone for a guaranteed amount  promotions.