Ebay Bucks?

stackables

• 4 weeks later...

Alright - so I'm going to get an EBay Bucks certificate for the first time ever this April (late to the party, I know). I've looked at the rule and nothing says I cannot use those bucks to buy a Gift Card for a physical store ..... am I correct? Thinking about using most of my bucks for buying additional TRU GCs to add to my discounted GCs for future purchases. Plus, the bucks certificate expires and TRU GCs don't (barring TRU bankrupcy). Again, is my thinking correct?

Alright - so I'm going to get an EBay Bucks certificate for the first time ever this April (late to the party, I know). I've looked at the rule and nothing says I cannot use those bucks to buy a Gift Card for a physical store ..... am I correct? Thinking about using most of my bucks for buying additional TRU GCs to add to my discounted GCs for future purchases. Plus, the bucks certificate expires and TRU GCs don't (barring TRU bankrupcy). Again, is my thinking correct?

You are correct. TRU could easily go bankrupt...

• Like 1

Got this today from Ebay:   BIG BONUS—8% eBay Bucks with no minimum

Fine print:

spacer.gif Who's eligible?
Only invited, registered eBay Bucks participants who receive the promotional offer from eBay in My Messages are eligible. Sorry, no forwarding—the offer is not transferable. 

8% in eBay Bucks on every qualifying item

Promotion details
The Promotion starts at 5:00AM PT on March 14, 2016, and ends at 11:59PM PT on March 15, 2016. Extra eBay Bucks can only be earned on every single item purchased that meets the minimum purchase requirement specified in the offer. Valid on multiple qualifying purchases made within the promotion time period. In order to qualify for the offer, you must click the email to activate. 

*Qualifying purchase excludes all items in the following categories: Classifieds, Business & Industrial, Real Estate, eBay Gift Cards (within the Gift Cards & Coupons category), Bullion (within the Coins & Paper category), and eBay Motors (including Parts & Accessories).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, DoNotInsertIntoMouth said:

It's broken - has been for a long time. I spend thousands of dollars on Ebay and have made them aware of it forever. They always acknowledge I should be a part of it, never am. Honestly Ebay is pretty awful as a company...

Out of (these) three linked accounts, only one received this offer for me.

Edited by dcdfan

6 minutes ago, chrisdojo said:

i just got an email about it. the subject line is:

Just for our special members—earn up to 8% eBay Bucks.

"special members"... draw your own conclusions.

I got one too.  I can assure you there is nothing special about my ebay buying habits.  But I do sell quite a bit.  This is the first offer I've ever received.

Edited by jaxman

1 hour ago, DoNotInsertIntoMouth said:

It's broken - has been for a long time. I spend thousands of dollars on Ebay and have made them aware of it since forever. They always acknowledge I should be a part of it, never am. Honestly Ebay is pretty awful as a company...

Welcome back!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DoNotInsertIntoMouth said:

It's broken - has been for a long time. I spend thousands of dollars on Ebay and have made them aware of it since forever. They always acknowledge I should be a part of it, never am. Honestly Ebay is pretty awful as a company...

Yeah I would have stopped using eBay a long time ago had they not helped me make :money: