Ebay Bucks?

stackables

• 1 month later...

Important (expected but sad) news:

Bucks news

Gift Cards, Digital Gifts, and eBay Gift Cards exclusions for October 1, 2016 and January 1, 2017
After October 1, 2016, you will not be able to earn eBay Bucks when purchasing eBay Gift Cards, Gift Cards, and Digital Gifts purchases within the Gift Cards & Coupons category.
After January 1, 2017, you will not be able to redeem eBay Bucks for eBay Gift Cards within the Gift Cards & Coupons category.
See Terms and Conditions for more details.
Rewards Enrollment

20 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Bucks news

Gift Cards, Digital Gifts, and eBay Gift Cards exclusions for October 1, 2016 and January 1, 2017
After October 1, 2016, you will not be able to earn eBay Bucks when purchasing eBay Gift Cards, Gift Cards, and Digital Gifts purchases within the Gift Cards & Coupons category.
After January 1, 2017, you will not be able to redeem eBay Bucks for eBay Gift Cards within the Gift Cards & Coupons category.
See Terms and Conditions for more details.
Rewards Enrollment

Sadly, after 1/1/17, I probably won't receive any EBay Bucks offers for another 12 months anyway.

Bucks news

The last hurrah, sort of...

That terms and conditions page isn't updated yet, but change notes visible on individual account bucks page.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick reminder to everyone that TOMORROW sees the issuance of the JAS16 EBay Bucks certificate. Unfortunately, you can no longer "lock in" this certificate and earn  Bucks by buying an EBay Gift Certificate - all Gift Certificates no longer earn EBay Bucks as of last Saturday (10/1). So you either spend the bucks on a purchase before the end of the month, or you get an EBay Gift Certificate for no earned bucks and then earn the bucks later. That latter option is ONLY available this quarter, after which EBay bucks can no longer be used for EBay Gift Cards (but can still be used for other Gift Cards such as 15% off TRU/BRU cards - but no more earning of Bucks on those).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

eBay Bucks changes - At least they are excited about cuting our ebay bucks in half.

Starting on January 1, 2017 some new eBay Bucks changes will be taking effect and we're excited to share them with you. We want to make sure you're always in the know as we continue to improve and expand the program. We think these latest changes will make Bucks even more flexible and beneficial for all of our loyalty members.
Here is a list of the upcoming changes and new benefits:

•    Base earnings are changing from 2% to 1%, now with more ways than ever to earn eBay Bucks.
•    From car parts to copiers & you can now earn rewards for shopping in the Parts & Accessories and Business & Industrial* categories.
•    Earn Bucks when you sell. We’ll be adding occasional promotions so you can also get rewarded when your items sell on eBay.**
•    No more $5 minimum earn restrictions for redeeming—now you'll receive your rewards, no matter the amount.

For full terms and conditions of the program, click here.

Sincerely, 
The eBay Bucks team

As long as they keep their promos to 8-10%, I have no issue with these changes. It was never about the regular 2% EBay Bucks for me. Actually, I like getting more selling EBay Bucks promos. And the Business and Industrial addition is great for some of the electronics stuff I buy that used to be excluded from EBay Bucks.

Guest TabbyBoy

Is eBay Bucks and American thing or is it Worldwide? It's just that they don't seem to give anything to UK business sellers, it's just take-take-take. Excuse my ignorance bit, I've just not seen it anywhere on ebay.co.uk ;-)

3 minutes ago, Phil B said:

As long as they keep their promos to 8-10%, I have no issue with these changes. It was never about the regular 2% EBay Bucks for me. Actually, I like getting more selling EBay Bucks promos. And the Business and Industrial addition is great for some of the electronics stuff I buy that used to be excluded from EBay Bucks.

All spin aside - I have little doubt that we will end up with half as many ebay bucks as we were getting.

My monthly fees have just virtually increased by $40-$50.

• Like 2

Seems to be uk equivalent of nectar points 

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Is eBay Bucks and American thing or is it Worldwide? It's just that they don't seem to give anything to UK business sellers, it's just take-take-take. Excuse my ignorance bit, I've just not seen it anywhere on ebay.co.uk ;-)

Seems to be uk equivalent of nectar points 

• 2 months later...

After the revised eBay Bucks Program, I see plenty of the eBay 8-10% back purchase promos, but I have not seen anything hit my account regarding the selling promos.

"Earn Bucks when you sell. We’ll be adding occasional promotions so you can also get rewarded when your items sell on eBay."

Is there some type of opt-in for this?  Or am I just one of the unlucky few?

After the revised eBay Bucks Program, I see plenty of the eBay 8-10% back purchase promos, but I have not seen anything hit my account regarding the selling promos.
  "Earn Bucks when you sell. We’ll be adding occasional promotions so you can also get rewarded when your items sell on eBay."

I appear to be in the same boat as you.

30 minutes ago, trstnkn said:

EBay bucks for buying should be visible in your Bucks account and become usable at the beginning of the next quarter. EBay bucks for selling won't show until the end of the quarter.

Edited by Phil B

1 minute ago, trstnkn said:

But PhilB how are you getting notified of the eBay bucks programs for selling?  I haven't seen a thing.

I have only seen one, which was two weeks ago and bundled with a 10% buying bucks promo. Check your eBay messages folder and read the promo text for the message you got on Feb 12. On mobile so cannot paste mine. Pay special attention to the fine print which details how the selling bucks work.

13 hours ago, Phil B said:

I have only seen one, which was two weeks ago and bundled with a 10% buying bucks promo. Check your eBay messages folder and read the promo text for the message you got on Feb 12. On mobile so cannot paste mine. Pay special attention to the fine print which details how the selling bucks work.

They must be segmenting who receives them.  I did not receive anything on the 12th and the ones around that time were just for buying.  I would much rather receive the bucks for selling than buying.  On the flip side, I have been receiving a buying promo almost weekly.  Just received one for 8% today. 

• 5 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

How can I check the breakdown of my earned eBay bucks? All I can find right now is what I earned the last 3 months but I can't seem to find the individual transaction details.

There's a period selection drop down on the bucks page. Change it to last period and voila

• Like 1