What did you do today?

Guest brickcrazyhouse

today I stayed sane and that was good enough.

I have three guys that work for me. Today one had to leave after 2 hrs of work because his gf/baby mama "barricaded herself in the bathroom and called the cops on herself "(off meds). Then had to suspend another guy until he can be fired, for drinking on the job. This left me with one guy who has only been with us a little over a month.  Glad to be leaving. Even the unknown is better then this.

7 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Had a banner day yesterday (Saturday).  I'm just recovering from it.

1. Fell asleep Friday night in my 3 year old's bed with him.  Was so zonked that I slept there all night.  Oops.  Woke up with back and neck pain.

2. Went downstairs and found that the cats (6 month old kittens), had knocked the entire hamster habitat off a shelf.  Everything upside down, tubes everywhere.  3 year old is crying up a storm, worried that the hamsters are gone.  (Fortunately, the hamsters were still in their cage).  Spent the next 45 minutes (at 5:30 in the morning, thank you early riser 3 year old) cleaning up the cages, and putting everything back together.  Guess it was time to change the bedding in there anyway.

3. Take the 3 year old out to start a couple of Walmart runs, drop off some Girl Scout cookies at some friend's house, etc.  He wants a Happy Meal.  We're in line for the drive-thru when he says he's going to be sick.  I'll save you the details, but we had to head home.  No LEGO hunting for me.

4. He and I nap off and on for the rest of the afternoon.

5. As we're getting ready for bed, he doesn't feel good again.  Again, I'll save you the details, but I spent the next hour cleaning.

6. He and I sleep the rest of the night on the couch, just in case.

Good times.  So forget the Superbowl, sound like you were MVP today.

No hamsters here but I'll just say I had to do some cleaning up in the minivan for probably similar reasons. Then the kiddo asks if they can go to Legoland and ride the dinosaur rollercoaster :girlwacko:

• Like 1

Spent 7 hours yesterday doing various "mandatory volunteering" jobs at a swim meet (and my son wasn't even swimming). Thought I'd treat my self and drove to a scruffy part of town closeby to get some hilarously discounted LEGO at the WM, only to find the clearance section full of Chima and Turtle Lairs, all marked down by about 0% (ok, the Liars were $25 off but that's not anything I'm interested in). Such is my luck ....

Guest brickcrazyhouse

well she (the cat) topped her previous personal best. This time we lost have to rebuild 4 modulars. She jumped up on maybe a 2 inch spot on the end of the shelf and I watched in slow motion horror as the board flipped sending the four sets falling on to Sydney.  

20160214_001929_resized_1.jpg

who wants a cat or two

Edited by brickcrazyhouse

Guest brickcrazyhouse

UP for trade: 1 cat  

Want: anything will even take a fire bike poly

Luckily GF is our master builder and has a staycation coming up. After I took a pic I closed the door and texted her to show what her cat did.

On 2/6/2016 at 6:48 PM, Alpinemaps said:

I work for the government.  This is every day for me.

Funny, because government was the main career path that the guidance program/ website our school made us take suggested for me ;)

9 minutes ago, brickcrazyhouse said:

well she (the cat) topped her previous personal best. This time we lost have to rebuild 4 modulars. She jumped up on maybe a 2 inch spot on the end of the shelf and I watched in slow motion horror as the board flipped sending the four sets falling on to Sydney.  

who wants a cat or two

I understand your pain. Luckily for me my cat considers the bathroom counter to be the most interesting thing in the world, it could be worse.

Got the theme song to Greatest American Hero suck in my head somehow so I went to youtube to listen to the song and was curious at the comments.  I remembered how hot Connie Sellecca was and then went to IMDB to see what she was doing...

3 hours later I have listened to theme songs from Greatest American Hero, A-Team, Knight Rider, Growing Pains, Cheers, Who's the Boss, Three's Company, Wonder Years, Family Ties, Magnum PI, Happy Days, Married With Children, Moonlighting, Airwold, Saved By the Bell, Star Trek TNG, Facts of Life, Different Strokes, MacGyver, Laverne & Shirley, Charles in Charge, Little House on the Prairie, Dukes of Hazard and Perfect Strangers.

I will also be co-producing the next episode of "Where Are They Now".

Normally I would have hated youtube for wasting my time and hated myself even more but oddly I felt good. I went for a 30 minute jog around the block and came home and taught my kids the dance of joy:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, colossus said:

Got the theme song to Greatest American Hero suck in my head somehow so I went to youtube to listen to the song and was curious at the comments.  I remembered how hot Connie Sellecca was and then went to IMDB to see what she was doing...

3 hours later I have listened to theme songs from Greatest American Hero, A-Team, Knight Rider, Growing Pains, Cheers, Who's the Boss, Three's Company, Wonder Years, Family Ties, Magnum PI, Happy Days, Married With Children, Moonlighting, Airwold, Saved By the Bell, Star Trek TNG, Facts of Life, Different Strokes, MacGyver, Laverne & Shirley, Charles in Charge, Little House on the Prairie, Dukes of Hazard and Perfect Strangers.

I will also be co-producing the next episode of "Where Are They Now".

Normally I would have hated youtube for wasting my time and hated myself even more but oddly I felt good. I went for a 30 minute jog around the block and came home and taught my kids the dance of joy.

YouTube does have its strong points, despite the comments sections on a number but not all of the hosted clips, such as listening to great music and reliving forgotten nostalgia. I like finding trailers for old movies. I guess they remind me of going to the local drive-in theater when that was a thing. Anyway, being a co-producer sounds neat.

9 hours ago, brickcrazyhouse said:

who wants a cat or two

56c0909a7c169_badkitty.jpg.9da705dc7c272

I was up with my 1 year old son from 0345-0515 because apparently it was playtime. The we woke up at 0800 and a local WM was showing 50% SW so we ran out the door. There was nothing on the shelves, so I went up to an associate and the app no longer even showed the products at the store. Not sold out, but just not in the scroll. So we bought some balloons and flowers and came home with a $15 Naidas Secret Spa (because my life was missing purple Dolphins). Time to make breakfast, bake a cake, and then go play in the snow (currently falling here in STL). And drink coffee.

10 hours ago, brickcrazyhouse said:

who wants a cat or two

I assume you didn't have hardware under the boards connecting them?

Guest brickcrazyhouse
10 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

I assume you didn't have hardware under the boards connecting them?

You are correct sir. That is now on the "to do" list