10254 - Winter Holiday Train

DadsAFOL

While the train is the only winter set I do not have and would really like it.  (My hypocrisy is showing) ...You still SUCK Winter Toy Shop!

I'd rather them come out with something brand new and me never have the opportunity to get this set.  I hate for this to be a trend that we see the same winter village sets repeated for the next 4-5 years.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pickleboy said:

While the train is the only winter set I do not have and would really like it.  (My hypocrisy is showing) ...You still SUCK Winter Toy Shop!

I'd rather them come out with something brand new and me never have the opportunity to get this set.  I hate for this to be a trend that we see the same winter village sets repeated for the next 4-5 years.  

I love my new toy shop.... but if this rumor is true, it also makes LEGO's claim that "they didn't realize this was such a tradition" total bull. It's all about the benjamins if this rumor is true. I still need the bakery, 2017 perhaps?

22 minutes ago, gregpj said:

I love my new toy shop.... but if this rumor is true, it also makes LEGO's claim that "they didn't realize this was such a tradition" total bull. It's all about the benjamins if this rumor is true. I still need the bakery, 2017 perhaps?

If this is the case, LEGO Group might have a run in with these guys.
mob-11.jpg?w=450

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Your new toy shop is just like the old toy shops (Slightly different.)  I am glad someone likes it.  Enjoy...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, exciter1 said:

If this is the case, LEGO Group might have a run in with these guys.
mob-11.jpg?w=450

While we're at it, I'd like a UCS SnowSpeeder, UCS MF, motorized Technic Excavator (a real one, not 42006), Grand Carousel, and Eiffel Tower please! Might as well get all the pitch fork mobbing over with.

Just now, pickleboy said:

Your new toy shop is just like the old toy shops (Slightly different.)  I am glad someone likes it.  Enjoy...

;)

• Like 1

As a collector, this bad news.  (I do have the Christmas Train 10173)  Any thoughts about buying these above mentioned sets like Grand Carousel or the Imperial Flagship for investment purposes just went out the door.  Lego will eventually remake the old classic set again.  I am sticking to Harry Potter castles and POTC ships!! Oh wait, isn't there a new Harry Potter movie and new POTC movies coming out? Oh well.

9 hours ago, dcdfan said:
6 hours ago, dcdfan said:

How soon do you think until we see some shady individuals removing the box, instructions & city parts & selling them as used 10173 in near mint condition...

So we can add 37101 to the thread & remove rumor? Thanks in advance

I thought you were aware of what was going on the first reply but now I'm not so sure.  Just so I feel better, you realize that Mos Eisley's post was a joke, right?  

On a more serious note, where's the ski lodge?  That's a natural for this theme. 

18 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

What's the rush? LEGO still needs to rehash refresh WV Bakery and WV Post Office before WV Cottage :P

They'll piss off an entire fanbase if they rehash another one of the buildings.  They're on eggshells as it is with the train unless it's way different, but it's still not imaginative.  I've always thought the lodge and some kind of hot cocoa/coffee shop would fit into the theme nicely. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

LEGO still needs to rehash refresh WV Bakery and WV Post Office before WV Cottage :P

40 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

I've always thought the lodge and some kind of hot cocoa/coffee shop would fit into the theme nicely. 

Or maybe Santa's WV camper. 

• Like 1

I dont really see this as a bad thing.  10173 came out in 2006, three years before the winter village series started with the first toy shop.  I highly doubt they will reissue a train that looks like 10173.  This series needs its own train.  Lego will make a lot more people happy than mad with this one.

• 5 months later...
13 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

already have the train on the exclusive list for Merlin stores,  10254 $99.99 retail

I've updated the title to reflect.  Still going to leave it as a rumor until we get an official release on this.  But it's inching (steaming?) toward truth.

I remain excited about a Christmas train set.  I can stop BL'ing the older one; and I don't have to convert my Lone Ranger Constitution Train to a Christmas train.

19 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

already have the train on the exclusive list for Merlin stores,  10254 $99.99 retail

Nice! I bought 10173 NISB for $250 off craigslist a few years ago so we could have a lego xmas train going around the tree. Never got around to building it and then the price went to $800+ I could not do it. Sold it for $850 on ebay May 2015.

At $100 happy to build it and have it whizzing around the tree.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, asharerin said:

Nice! I bought 10173 NISB for $250 off craigslist a few years ago so we could have a lego xmas train going around the tree. Never got around to building it and then the price went to $800+ I could not do it. Sold it for $850 on ebay May 2015.

At $100 happy to build it and have it whizzing around the tree.

I don't see how it's whizzing around the tree for only $99.99 retail. Maybe it doesn't come with tracks, but the cheapest motorized train in the last 6 years was 7938 (the red passenger train) at $129.99 but then the new 60051 (high-speed) one came along in 2014 at $149.99.

• Like 2