Fantasy Baseball 2016

Huskers1236

Ok guys, Super Bowl is over and pitchers and catchers I believe are less than 2 weeks away.  Time to start thinking about fantasy baseball again.  Since I don't believe HXCkid is around any more I was going to take the reigns on the league.  I should have access to emails to you guys as ass't. last year.  Anybody that wasn't a part of the league in years past but wants in get in this thread and mark your spot.  I wanted to throw this out there as well.  I am more of a fan of ESPN Fantasy than Yahoo.  It's easier to guide your way through and I feel that pickups/drops/trades are much easier as well.  I've been using that platform for years in other leagues, and feel it's far superior, but that's up to the group as a whole.  We can discuss what categories we want to keep, change, etc.  How much the buy-in will be, number of teams, you get it.  Woo Hoo Baseball.  Go Cubs!

• Like 1

Teams we had last year was:

Huskers1236 - me

jaxman - jaxman

meowsmeowsmeows- mmm

MLBrickers -

Phat Asses - grackleflint

The 77's

Deek's Cubbies - deeker

Legion of Boom -

Jenna's Purple Stain -

Hxckid88 - as himself

SNK Crushers -

pcaster -

Loki1244 -

Austin's Team -

305 jack boys -

Trekgate502 - trekgate

If you know you don't want to play, let me know.  If you know you do, also let me know. 

I liked the prize format that we used last year.  Everybody buys in for $x amount and then the commish goes and buys (before the season starts) the lego sets to be awarded as prizes.  Even better if the prize sets are "expected" to retire soon.

Edited by jaxman
  • Like 1

I've sent out pm's to about a dozen guys I'm pretty sure played last year or year before.  Others had just shown interest.  I'm not sure if I want to get as big as 16 teams this year, but we can always have multiple leagues if the interest is there.  I'd really like to cap at 14.

Deanfjr

sfcommando14

wsuskee

I have you guys on list after previous year guys confirm or not.  If you played last year and I didn't get a PM to you, just get in this thread and state your intentions.

Huskers1236, Jaxman, and Grackleflint are confirmed IN so far.

Edited by Huskers1236

13 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

I've sent out pm's to about a dozen guys I'm pretty sure played last year or year before.  Others had just shown interest.  I'm not sure if I want to get as big as 16 teams this year, but we can always have multiple leagues if the interest is there.  I'd really like to cap at 14.

Deanfjr

sfcommando14

wsuskee

I have you guys on list after previous year guys confirm or not.  If you played last year and I didn't get a PM to you, just get in this thread and state your intentions.

Huskers1236, Jaxman, and Grackleflint are confirmed IN so far.

Cool I hope I get in, if not lets get some more league's going for those of us who do not get in this one. I am willing to Commish one if need be.

Edited by Deanfjr

IN: Huskers1236, Jaxman, Grackleflint, Deeker, stoltzjl77

I'll give guys that played previous years a couple days to read pm's and decide if they are in or not.  After that, I'll start opening up to new guys.  For new guys, last year buy-in was $70.  Not to say that that's what it has to be again, but just to gauge the commitment you'll need for this.  Prizes were very nice last year and would like to keep up that level of payout. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Huskers1236 said:

IN: Huskers1236, Jaxman, Grackleflint, Deeker, stoltzjl77

I'll give guys that played previous years a couple days to read pm's and decide if they are in or not.  After that, I'll start opening up to new guys.  For new guys, last year buy-in was $70.  Not to say that that's what it has to be again, but just to gauge the commitment you'll need for this.  Prizes were very nice last year and would like to keep up that level of payout. 

Yea man no worries I am in if a spot opens, like i said too if not i can commish a league to open up for people who don't get in on this one.

Trek has already said he's not playing this year and I guarantee others won't as well.  We had a lot of turnover from Year 1 to Year 2 and I suspect the same for Year 3 though we also had more players last year.  Being 1st on the wait list you should be fine even if we pare the numbers a bit.  If we have a ton of support for this, I would love to make 2 full leagues.  I don't think that will end up being the case, though.  People realize the time commitment to playing a daily league and it wears on people.

Ok great, I have played fantasy baseball for many years, I play in a keeper league every year on yahoo with the same guys. I have been looking for a solid non-keeper league to join in. I have played on espn in the past so no worries about that server i am fine with that. I am always 100% fully committed for every season. If you get a bunch of people that want to play with less commitment playing on mlb.com is a fun server for less serious and competitive people. It is a weekly set roster with team pitching staffs. Just tossing it out there for people who are not all in on the traditional fantasy baseball season.

Glad to see this is still going this year despite hxckid's absence.  Thanks, Huskers, for keeping this going!

I'm in for playing this year.  Also, glad to see defending champ Jaxman is in, too.  Jaxman--hope you enjoyed your Tumbler and Death Star :)  I would have liked to have one of those sets, but I am enjoying my Palace Cinema on display.

I liked the 5x5 format from last year for the most part, but am open to some changes or suggestions.  I've only played yahoo and not espn, so have no idea what espn offers over yahoo.  The prize format was good from last year.  A $70 buy-in seemed fair and the prize-structure seemed good.  Perhaps adding a small prize or two to those making the playoffs, but not winning or making finals or semi-finals (for a 6-team playoff) would be nice, but that might increase entry fees.

Go Twins!

Jason

• Like 1

We actually had a 7x7 last year.  The prize format is always up for discussion.  Once we know who's playing we can hash it out.  I really like that the winner of the regular season gets a prize(I'm sure Jaxman does as well).  It's a long haul and not easy to beat out 13 or 15 other teams over 20 some weeks.  Also, if you're in, why don't you guys pm me your email address so that I for sure have it.  I know I have access to them in Yahoo, but I may not be able to match everybody up. 

$70 I'm sure seems steep to those on the outside looking in, but we had some really nice prizes last year as you said.  Death Star, Tumbler, Palace Cinema just to name a few. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jaxman said:

Glad to be back!  And yes my DS and Tumbler are still boxed up in storage.  The one thing that I would suggest would be to find a way that each team plays the other teams the same number of times.  Not sure if that is possible, but seems more equitable.

A 12 team league gets it pretty close I think with playing everyone twice. 

2 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

We actually had a 7x7 last year.  The prize format is always up for discussion.  Once we know who's playing we can hash it out.  I really like that the winner of the regular season gets a prize(I'm sure Jaxman does as well).  It's a long haul and not easy to beat out 13 or 15 other teams over 20 some weeks.  Also, if you're in, why don't you guys pm me your email address so that I for sure have it.  I know I have access to them in Yahoo, but I may not be able to match everybody up. 

$70 I'm sure seems steep to those on the outside looking in, but we had some really nice prizes last year as you said.  Death Star, Tumbler, Palace Cinema just to name a few. 

Yep, thanks for clarifying 7x7 and not 5x5 -- I was thinking of another league.  I'm looking forward to it.  I also agree that prizes for an overall winner and playoff participants/winners of top rounds are necessary.

• Like 1