Amazon scams

fuzzy_bricks

7 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

Here we go again.  I hope by now the mods have a stored procedure to move chunks of the DD thread to the Ethics thread.

Proving once again that the horde is incapable of learning or caring or anything besides blind greed really. When you lecture them about ethics you are literally wasting your time.

1 hour ago, MarxMarvelous said:

Proving once again that the horde is incapable of learning or caring or anything besides blind greed really. When you lecture them about ethics you are literally wasting your time.

This just in: Totally legit 24K gold, diamond encrusted Rolex only $20, for sale on a blanket on the sidewalk in front of my apartment building.  Cash only.  Mention that GhostDad sent you, and the seller will throw in a free subway token.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GhostDad said:

This just in: Totally legit 24K gold, diamond encrusted Rolex only $20, for sale on a blanket on the sidewalk in front of my apartment building.  Cash only.  Mention that GhostDad sent you, and the seller will throw in a free subway token.

Throw in a Worriz' Fire Bike and I'll be there with $11*. 

*(in coins).

• 11 months later...

Sorry to bump old thread but I feel this is the best thread (that I could find) i don't buy stuff on Amazon a whole lot but I found the brickheadz iron man and cap SDCC cheaper on there so I bought it. Was from a 3rd party (not through Amazon I guess) anyway the guy has like 82% feedback and shows the item was shipped.

It never reflected a tracking number so I emailed the seller. I got this:

That's odd. I can't find the tracking number among my receipts and I don't have it in stock anymore, so it had to have been shipped out. Can you let me know when you receive it? Sorry for the inconvenience. It should've been shipped on Feb. 1 with all my other packages, so you should receive it sometime this week.

So a 5 days later I email again tonight asking for an update or found the tracking and I get this:

I'm sorry for the delay. Every once in a while I'll do packages at the post office, but I lost the receipt this time so I don't have the tracking number, even with my other packages that was sent out that day. My other packages have already been delivered as reported from the buyers so I'm a bit worried about this one as this should've been delivered already with First Class. Can we wait until Monday to see if it comes in? If it doesn't show up by then, then I'll give a refund. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Is this normal? Should I call Amazon? Every time I've ever bought anything always says "amazon is forfilling the order" so I have always got tracking and always get my package. Not sure what to do. If it was shipped on the 1st and today's the 10th...not sure if it's a scam or what to do. Any advice? Thanks

There's info on when you can file a claim here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=541260
It sounds very odd, but I don't think you're in any danger. There's a zero percent chance you don't have a successful A to Z claim if the seller can't produce a tracking number.

Thanks

I'm more upset that if I don't get this item the closest price is like 90 dollars more now. I can have my credit card company refund me or have Amazon deal with it. Personally don't like Amazon to buy stuff over eBay or other sites.

I just found it odd that it hasn't come and no shipping info. Wasn't sure if this was scam talk or an honest mistake. Wanted to know if anyone has had a similar issue.

99.9% scam.  No legitimate seller on Amazon ships anything without tracking.  In fact, you can't even mark it shipped without putting something in the tracking number field.  Just file your claim and get your money back.  Amazon will take care of you.

I'll do that. What's the purpose of doing it? If I'm getting my money back. What do they gain from it?

• 1 month later...

Found another: 3PS "Care Life Supplies" now has a listing for 21115 Minecraft First Night at $28.23 (considerably lower than the next seller at $43)... currently has 82 "in stock".  I wonder how many he sold already?  Seller has a 91% positive rating, but how does a seller have only 2 sales in the past 12 months, and now suddenly has a storefront full of 198 items ranging from furniture to pet supplies to tools, etc (and one Lego set) ... many items are Amazon best sellers... and he has the buy box on every single item... usually about 10% lower than second place? And everything he sells has not just 5 or 10 units, but hundreds in stock.

Edited by Kenxxx

@Phil B I'm using the term "buy box" loosely... actually has lowest price of all sellers (by far) perhaps not the actual buy box.

...been looking at this more closely over the past 20 minutes or so... scanning through his "storefront" at various items... I see there are other 3PS "sellers" either running the same scam in tandem, or perhaps all created / operated by the same person.  Most of these sellers are "just launched" and/or have very poor seller ratings:  dggd 1 store, Kmallios1, amichellej2, NEUDNRUF MEIDUE, Dumbledore22, and others.

They are selling many of the same items as this scammer (but not all the same), selling at competitive prices with this seller (but usually just a bit higher). I'm guessing it's one seller (or coordinated) to make the one seller look more legit? Perhaps help to avoid a red flag on so many low prices, by having other (false) sellers in the same price range?

Edited by Kenxxx

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Can someone from you folks tell me how was that even possible? to scam Amazon on such scale?
I'm an Amazon noob so ELI5 (explain me like i'm 5)
(as far as I know, if you report damaged goods, you are sending them back and then you are getting a replacement. so how this scam scheme actually worked and could cause such a $$$ damage for Amazon and retailers on platform?)
https://www.engadget.com/2018/06/06/amazon-return-policy-abusers-sentenced-six-years-prison/

Edited by Shewie

Can someone from you folks tell me how was that even possible? to scam Amazon on such scale?
I'm an Amazon noob so ELI5 (explain me like i'm 5)
(as far as I know, if you report damaged goods, you are sending them back and then you are getting a replacement. so how this scam scheme actually worked and could cause such a $$$ damage for Amazon and retailers on platform?)
https://www.engadget.com/2018/06/06/amazon-return-policy-abusers-sentenced-six-years-prison/
From the article: "The Finans created hundreds of false identities and fake accounts in order to pull off their scheme". That's how.

7 hours ago, Phil B said:
7 hours ago, Shewie said:
(explain me like i'm 5)

^this.