41178 - The Dragon Sanctuary

TheOrcKing

Guest TabbyBoy
13 hours ago, Val-E said:

When someone rocks up with a current stock of more than 100, I will be impressed. The fact of the matter is that this is set is probably less hoarded now than 21309 Apollo, simply because supply was so tight and it was not a priority buy for the 99-of-everything-lot. Many, like Tabby sold too soon and now have plenty of time to regret that. The biggest threat to appreciation right now is dear Amazon making promises to fulfil that they can´t and won´t keep - see also Bionicle 2HY 2016.

It was perfect timing actually as all the profit went on Ethereum coins (ETC) at around £10 each and they're now worth £200(ish) each even after the weekend crash. I'm also cashing half out when they reach £300 again. Where else can I get 20x in 6 months?

If I hadn't sold those sets, I'd have missed the boat that gave me over £15K profit so far in 2017 for doing nothing. Of course, it's very volatile, but it's my new "game" ;-)

Lego is nearly as risky as it's often a lot of work to recover outlay with the "hope" of making a profit. What I do now isn't affected by competition or QFLLs. If "whales" dump on the market, I simply buy. And... trading fees are often less than 0.25% !!!

Regrets? Hmmm... let me think about that for a minute...

• 1 month later...
Guest TabbyBoy

41176 Secret Market Place is now selling for over RRP after fees. Not bad for those that got them from LEGO at 50% off before EOL.

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/6/2017 at 8:37 AM, The Leveller said:

I just love this set. Made money selling 20 of the baby dragons and now I'm down to two of these sets. I'm also waiting for Christmas to maximise profits. And I'm hoping the Czech guy on Bricklink which still has 26 of these for € 102 sells out soon.

Those Czech sets have disappeared - for now.

Still several Euro sellers on BL but just one USD listing left at 200$!

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Leveller said:

Yep, he sold the last 11 in one batch. Only now a Dutch seller has popped up with 8 at 120 euro. I'm greedy and hoping for more than that.

Still a long way to go to Christmas though.

Not sure they actually got sold. We´ll see if they come back later.

3 minutes ago, SageFly said:

I sold one last week at $175 to someone in Canada through Bricklink. Didn't want my second one selling too quickly :)

Congrats. If that last one is yours at 200 USD, maybe need to consider raising it further since there are no other vendors....

I wonder what this set will do at Xmas.

On 4/9/2017 at 2:16 PM, The Leveller said:

Yep, he sold the last 11 in one batch. Only now a Dutch seller has popped up with 8 at 120 euro. I'm greedy and hoping for more than that.

Still a long way to go to Christmas though.

Yup, as I expected they came back in stock again. Ho-hum.

Guest TabbyBoy
3 hours ago, Val-E said:

These false sales happen all the time on Bricklink. I reckon it is the same stock.

Is there actually anywhere SAFE to sell stuff online these days?

• 1 month later...
Guest TabbyBoy

The 41176 Marketplace was a good buy from LEGO last year when reduced to £24.99. I bought “n” amount of them and will probably offload Jan/Feb.

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

The 41176 Marketplace was a good buy from LEGO last year when reduced to £24.99. I bought “n” amount of them and will probably offload Jan/Feb.

Yes, one of the few sets that made it to 50% off, stuck around like a bad smell and people still wanted later!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...