41172 - The Water Dragon Adventure

TheOrcKing

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Seen a shelf full of these at my local TRU for £18 each. Not sure if that's decent or not.

2 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I did have my eye on the stocks of these in 2 of my local TRU's to pick up on boxing day but I guess someone else in the same game got to them and cleared them out using click & collect during xmas day.

Would you buy at £18??

1 hour ago, CrabslayerT said:

Seen a shelf full of these at my local TRU for £18 each. Not sure if that's decent or not.

Would you buy at £18??

I was all set to, yes.

The way I see it, not a ridiculous amount of sellers.  Most above 30 already apart from a guy on holiday who'll either see it  and change it or sell out and dragons just seem to be in demand. My guess would be £50 by next Christmas if sellers are sensible.

4 hours ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I was all set to, yes.

The way I see it, not a ridiculous amount of sellers.  Most above 30 already apart from a guy on holiday who'll either see it  and change it or sell out and dragons just seem to be in demand. My guess would be £50 by next Christmas if sellers are sensible.

Elves aren't really a theme that I normally dabble in. Last time I didn't listen to someone else's advice was the antman final battle at £14. Won't be repeating that mistake again

I should have bought some of these . Kicking myself for not getting more. I procrastinated till they sold out. Did manage to end up with a few for personal collection. I am kinda doubting they  hitting $50 USD next Christmas as more dragons with similar price point are on the way.

4 hours ago, siddji said:

I should have bought some of these . Kicking myself for not getting more. I procrastinated till they sold out. Did manage to end up with a few for personal collection. I am kinda doubting they  hitting $50 USD next Christmas as more dragons with similar price point are on the way.

Are they? Thought this year's new elves were all buildable creatures? I don't think outs a case of choosing one dragon over another. It's a collect them all mentality. Which is why the baby wind dragon shot up so quickly. Very happy with my queen dragons rescues which have been selling on ebay for 2x RRP already although you still have the dumb ones who come along and list lower without checking sale prices. They'll soon be gone though. 

6 hours ago, Villager Chris said:

Had some of these this morning at £17.99 (Amazon)  but seem to have gone quickly. Fire Dragons still available at £27.99 but these feel hoarded to me. 

Yeah the Lava dragon will probably be slowest to climb given its constantly been on sale. That might be only thing that holds water dragon back from really good highs. 

11 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

Yeah the Lava dragon will probably be slowest to climb given its constantly been on sale. That might be only thing that holds water dragon back from really good highs. 

I see that Amazon have sold all their Lava dragons too this morning. Both these dragons seem to be very liquid. 

Interesting to watch Amazon over the last couple of days. Restocking of recently retired sets that are selling quickly, even at RRP. A good sign. 

Just done my usual pass on my local Lego retailers, including 2 TRU, 2 Smyths, a John Lewis, an entertainer and a Lego shop and worth regards to Elves Dragon sets, only found one bashed up lava dragon. So this is as good as done. Although there were a few surprises still left on the shelves and also in the back. Very productive trip

So, a swift analysis of prospects of retired Elves sets in 2017;

41172 OK

41175 Potential limited due to overhoarding.

41179 Winner

41180 saved by cheap buy-in and baby dragon

41181 Winner

41182 OK

41184 Steaming turd

41185 Steaming turd

Edited by Val-E