bublible - MOC-er, Techtroners creator, BlueRender MOD author

Hi guys!

I am new to this forum although I am already being member of other LEGO forums (Eurobricks, Brickset, Rebrick...).

People may know my "stuff" tho: for example, in case you are using BlueRender for your LDD models' renders then I am the author of its MOD adding all those realistic stuff to it (brick seams, slope grains, real glass, logo-on-studs, color shadows from trans parts, proper materials, lights advanced options and much more) + I am author/developer of somewhat already a bit known LEGO Space pseudo subtheme called Techtroners (if you've never heard about it you can check it on my official webpage: http://lego.queryen.com).

Also I am owner of probably the biggest personal LEGO Space sets collection in Slovak and Czech republic - I already own basically all LEGO Space sets TLG ever built (most of them with their original boxes), all in pristine condition as if they were produced just yesterday...only like 10 sets missing (but I am working on it...LOL).

Besides I am also AFOL and big LEGO Space enthusiast MOC-er myself, so if it is allowed I would like to present some of my MOCs just as an example of my latest work on this field, so here they are + all these MOCs are also LEGO Ideas projects as well...

691522_1.jpg

691518_1.jpg

691512_1.jpg

691305_1.jpg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, TheOrcKing said:

Welcome to the site, bublible.

9 hours ago, brickcrazyhouse said:

great stuff looking forward to more

Thank you, below is some more for you then... ;)

691309_1.thumb.jpg.c74afb7295890d1d50934

691513_1.thumb.jpg.4ce6a5697b9eddd406dd7

5 hours ago, biniou said:

I love it !

Color scheme, builds and designs... awesome ! :)

Thank you very much!

BTW besides my main Techtroners subtheme I also made 2 others: Spacastlon (Space & Castle hybrid - basically my idea/interpretation how could NEXO Knights look before there were any known pictures) and C.S.Neo (actually just neo Classic Space with green minifigs in regards of the Exosuite LEGO Ideas set so it could be taken as kind of continuation of that line), so here are 2 MOCs of both subthemes mentioned (hoping you will like it too):

SPACASTLON

601501_2.thumb.jpg.478e30c85530aab515b4d

601502_9.thumb.jpg.b21887c82d63ecae16617

C.S.NEO

681501_10.thumb.jpg.004ac27ff329d0e1a573

681502_10.thumb.jpg.36806a7b3fdc4f3759b2

• Like 2

Really enjoy all of these MOCs. Tons of stuff going on, lots of little hidden details, just lots of details in general. At an initial glance you might see the colours and think 'mish mash, but once you start looking closer, you've taken great care in colour choice; the blue white and yellow combination goes really well, but then adding in all that green foliage into that one MOC really works quite well. Sort of reminds me a hybrid between multiple classic/vintage themes. Cool stuff. Of everything you've shown off, I'm least sold on the colour combinations going on in the Spacastion sets, a little bit too much variety, not sure the sand bricks really suit space themes myself. Great stuff though! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

Really enjoy all of these MOCs. Tons of stuff going on, lots of little hidden details, just lots of details in general. At an initial glance you might see the colours and think 'mish mash, but once you start looking closer, you've taken great care in colour choice; the blue white and yellow combination goes really well, but then adding in all that green foliage into that one MOC really works quite well. Sort of reminds me a hybrid between multiple classic/vintage themes. Cool stuff. Of everything you've shown off, I'm least sold on the colour combinations going on in the Spacastion sets, a little bit too much variety, not sure the sand bricks really suit space themes myself. Great stuff though! 

thanx + yea, as for the Spacastlon color combi it is a matter of personal taste so no problem, you know...and specifically for the sand bricks: there are no sand bricks, are they? It main color should be Copper (I think you mean this color - remember: as it is just a render depending on angle and lightning setup the same color may look from place to place differently, for example as a sand bricks where in fact it is metallic in nature...Copper, as I said), azure blue and darker silver + a bit of glowing white...maybe I did chose not right image, try these ones (actually renders of Spacastlon MOCs were made in time when I have just a partial MOD funcitonality so therefor its bricks may not look so real as on my other Techtroners sets, anyway here it is):

601501_6.thumb.jpg.2270bd7c78bfcbf1cf2ee

601501_4.thumb.jpg.44161006f9ed84e3c90fe

601501_5.thumb.jpg.215b39326978de7d216e7

601501_3.thumb.jpg.d06e0db2926afd802b8a1

601501_1.thumb.jpg.8b08f021ce71dc49056ef

Have never come across this "copper" colour, didn't know it even existed. It surely doesn't exist in all the parts you've coloured it with, but that's the beauty of LDD I suppose. (Or perhaps a fault, if you ever want to actually build a real life version, you have to verify all the colours you've chosen on different bricks are actually legit... discovered last night that the masonry profile 1x2 brick doesn't exist in tan, sad day). 

Have never come across this "copper" colour, didn't know it even existed. It surely doesn't exist in all the parts you've coloured it with, but that's the beauty of LDD I suppose. (Or perhaps a fault, if you ever want to actually build a real life version, you have to verify all the colours you've chosen on different bricks are actually legit... discovered last night that the masonry profile 1x2 brick doesn't exist in tan, sad day). 

Actually yes and no, you should take my MOCs kind-of brick color prototyping: it is not mistake - it is intentional (you know: I am not trying create something that has all used bricks in real life - I wanted and always want to come up with something fresh that was not there before even if used bricks do not exist in such colors)

+ in fact: me being 40 years old having all SPACE sets from LEGO could make easily me something like brick inspector in a way so beware! :dancer:

Edited by bublible
UPDATED INFO
  • Like 1

Just a whole aspect of building I've never really considered too heavily. Anything I MOC I want to be able to build in real life, so I'm generally very selective with the bricks and colours chosen so that it can be properly replicated if I ever come into the capital to purchase the parts ;)

2 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

Just a whole aspect of building I've never really considered too heavily. Anything I MOC I want to be able to build in real life, so I'm generally very selective with the bricks and colours chosen so that it can be properly replicated if I ever come into the capital to purchase the parts ;)

That's very fine and I have absolutely nothing against such thinking (I guess most of LEGO ppl think like that), on the other hand I want to let my fantasy go wild, I do not want to be limited by existing bricks cos as I said one should take my work more like PROTOTYPING than anything else, thus such things as I am doing are allowed or even better said highly expected. :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bublible said:

That's very fine and I have absolutely nothing against such thinking (I guess most of LEGO ppl think like that), on the other hand I want to let my fantasy go wild, I do not want to be limited by existing bricks cos as I said one should take my work more like PROTOTYPING than anything else, thus such things as I am doing are allowed or even better said highly expected. :lol:

Undoubtably true! And I think you mentioned these are up on the Ideas site.... so there is always the chance your sets could be chosen, and the unique bricks that don't exist come into existence. That would be true pioneering of Lego, which in turn would be super bad ass! 

Since you're suggesting it's all somewhat of a prototype, do you have other colour combinations floating in your head? For example, if someone came along and said "I'd love to pay you for instructions on one of your MOCs but I need a parts list to go with it", would it be relatively easy to inventory the bricks that don't actually exist, and substitute them for an end user to actually construct the set from currently available bricks? Some of these sets look to be in the ~2000 parts range, so I suspect something like that could be challenging.

• Like 1

Just checked your web page, hadn't seen those Blacktron prototypes anywhere on here yet. Those are very cool as well. Reminds me of the Hornet from Ant Man! 

Looking for this BlueRender thing. Since you're a MOCer in LDD, maybe you can answer a technical question for me..... LDD instructions suck, everyone knows it. There are other tools for building your digital Lego models with and generating higher quality instructions like Bricksmith for example. I have a 1500 part model in LDD that I'd like to generate decent instructions for to actually build with later. Is there any easy way to get my LDD .lxf into one of these other applications to generate the instructions with? 

1 minute ago, Zelgazra said:

Undoubtably true! And I think you mentioned these are up on the Ideas site.... so there is always the chance your sets could be chosen, and the unique bricks that don't exist come into existence. That would be true pioneering of Lego, which in turn would be super bad ass! 

Since you're suggesting it's all somewhat of a prototype, do you have other colour combinations floating in your head? For example, if someone came along and said "I'd love to pay you for instructions on one of your MOCs but I need a parts list to go with it", would it be relatively easy to inventory the bricks that don't actually exist, and substitute them for an end user to actually construct the set from currently available bricks? Some of these sets look to be in the ~2000 parts range, so I suspect something like that could be challenging.

Sure, I could - definitely...in fact these days I am cooperating on one new MOC for LEGO Ideas - kind of mobile station with tractor grippler (I find it quite unique), but we decided this time to go also with BUILD IT FOR REAL too (as he is actually one perfect real brick MOCer himself - I was blown off by his MOCs so when he said he likes me subtheme asking me if he could make something in techtroners style I said: yea, I would be happy...then after few days he showed me his work and i was like OMG, that is perfect, he quite hit Techtroners style, but there was some bits and pieces I - as techtroners inventor - feel are not quite right asking him if I could reverse-engering it into LDD and make some changes, he said sure go for it! So I did, but as I make it I immediatelly thought to myself: wait a minit - this is so Techtroners-like build, woudn't it be great if we joined our powers and if I would add something myself to its creation? So I come up with kind-of mobile openable rig plaform with lots of modularity towed by his grippler in fron that is actually disconectable from it all...), AND FOR THIS I MADE BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS FOR ME so he would be able build my part too for real and test it for possible design flaws (as the fact one id designiong in LDD has it limitations like no real physics, so you can design somthing that works in LDD but would not in real life, for example could be tto heavy etc.)

Just checked your web page, hadn't seen those Blacktron prototypes anywhere on here yet. Those are very cool as well. Reminds me of the Hornet from Ant Man! 

Looking for this BlueRender thing. Since you're a MOCer in LDD, maybe you can answer a technical question for me..... LDD instructions suck, everyone knows it. There are other tools for building your digital Lego models with and generating higher quality instructions like Bricksmith for example. I have a 1500 part model in LDD that I'd like to generate decent instructions for to actually build with later. Is there any easy way to get my LDD .lxf into one of these other applications to generate the instructions with? 

BluePrint http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=108346

I'm on a Mac. Looks like that is an executable Windows app. 

The thread on that page mentions it, but I don't see any follow up regarding launching on a Mac. You're not MSX80 on there are you? That's the original author, you just authorized many of the plugins? Someone mentions firing it up on Mac using command line.... I'm completely lost on command line, but with step by step instructions I've been known to pull some stuff off in Terminal before.... If you want to take all this to PM, we're getting fairly off topic from the original thread, though this info could be valuable to someone else too... 

7 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

I'm on a Mac. Looks like that is an executable Windows app. 

The thread on that page mentions it, but I don't see any follow up regarding launching on a Mac. You're not MSX80 on there are you? That's the original author, you just authorized many of the plugins? Someone mentions firing it up on Mac using command line.... I'm completely lost on command line, but with step by step instructions I've been known to pull some stuff off in Terminal before.... If you want to take all this to PM, we're getting fairly off topic from the original thread, though this info could be valuable to someone else too... 

No problem, we can talk here publicly: I am using nick "bublible" everywhere and as that word is just a nonsensical made up word you can be 300% sure it is me everywhere you would see this nick - msx80 (Nicolla) is author of BlueRender (actually its GUI and LDD support as the engine - the "thing" that in fact making the render - is open source JAVA code called SunFlow and I am the one who almost completely updated/changed it for our needs releasing it as a separate MOD for BlueRender).

As for the MAC: as it is just a JAVA it can be run on MAC, you should read complete thread there on how to - if you do not find what you want just ask there, someone will answer your MAC question for sure...I can on the other hand tell you how to run BlueRender on MAC so maybe you can derivate from it something, who knows...follow this topic of mine about my SunFlow MOD for BlueRender, there is a separate downloadable file for MAC users, the topic is here: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=114649&hl=sunflow

Edited by bublible
many typing mistakes

There's a bunch of discussion around launching the latest versions (15, 16, 17, and 18) on Mac and Linux, and it seems people aren't able to get it to run at the moment, unless I'm misinterpreting Malou's comments. Looks like BlueRender is working fine, but BluePrint not so much, despite them apparently running on the same Java stuff. Like I said, zero coding background, so I highly doubt I could derivate anything from anything unfortunately, lol. I would need an idiot proofed step by step guide for Terminal.   

Edit: I've got a couple friends capable of compiling Mac stable apps from code, but it sounds like the whole project is closed source, so getting said code to try a Mac compile is probably out of the question sadly. 

Edited by Zelgazra