76058 - Spider-Man: Ghost Rider Team-up

TheOrcKing

Personally I'd say its too early to be going deep on this (just my opinion).  But i see where you're coming from in terms of liking the figs (which is really the only reason you're buying this set). Because this isn't avengers it might be overlooked by the masses (and i have no idea who pumpkin head is); which i think could be a good thing.
Unique figs is also another one (so discount spidy but the other 2 look cool).  If you're worried about your love of ghost rider clouding your decision I'd suggest looking on bricklink/ebay to see how much the figs (and what the supply and demand is on them)  go for.
You can get an idea how many others share the ghost rider love.

For me (and a lot of others) it seems SH is theme to stay away from as you're relying on the figs (normally and not the build) and its easy for TLG to just release a new set with them in down the line killing any EOL demand.  But given its ghost rider and not Batman, Hulk, iron man etc its more of a niche draw and less likely its going to be re-released as there's no film(i'm aware of) to warrant this.
If you're looking to stock up then i'd suggest waiting for an Argos 3-4-2 promotion (likely another one soon based on 2015 & 2014) so I'd say target at least 33% off (and you'll probably find you can buy in bulk at 40% off at some point if you bide your time and wait for the pre-xmas generic promotions).

I agree with most of what you said, but it's clear you didn't do much research.
I'm not a movie buff, I don't keep up todate with anything, but even I know there was at least one, maybe two Ghost rider films with Nicholas Cage as Ghost Rider.
And pumpkin head is the Hobgoblin. Who is the villain in the second Spider man movie, from the Toby Macguire series. I haven't watched the new series, but I know the character that eventually becomes the Hobgoblin is in it.
Hobgoblin is a major villain in the comic books and movies. He'll be back. It's been less than 10 years, So a Ghost Rider remake is more than due too. I can easily see the two (Spidey and GR) being linked like the Avengers this decade.

1 hour ago, donbee said:

I agree with most of what you said, but it's clear you didn't do much research.
I'm not a movie buff, I don't keep up todate with anything, but even I know there was at least one, maybe two Ghost rider films with Nicholas Cage as Ghost Rider.

Fair enough - poorly worded post by me.  I meant films coming up to put the attention on ghost rider.  I enjoyed the cage films but don't feel they have anywhere near the popularity of the Avengers franchise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GiliusThunderhead said:

Fair enough - poorly worded post by me.  I meant films coming up to put the attention on ghost rider.  I enjoyed the cage films but don't feel they have anywhere near the popularity of the Avengers franchise.

The Cage films are widely disliked. That's why they let the rights lapse and Disney got the character back.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...