LEGO REVIEW: Star Wars The Ghost Microfighter #75127

When Star Wars Rebels premiered, we were introduced to a brand new smuggler's freighter that had an odd shape. LEGO released the Ghost in 2014. It retired on January 1. In order to keep the demand fulfilled, they've created a microfighter featuring the pilot/owner Hera Syndulla in Micro form. In my review, I'm going to take a look at set 75127 The Ghost.

REVIEW: SET DETAILS
Set #: 75127
Name: The Ghost Microfighter
Theme: Star Wars
Parts: 104
Price: $9.99

Before we get to the build, let’s talk value. At 9.99 the price per piece works out to almost $.10 each. This is on the lower middle side of pricing for a licensed set. There is 1 minifigure. (This is standard for Microfighters.) The minifigure is Hera Syndulla. She is exactly the same as the one previously released with the larger The Ghost.

BOX CONTENTS

Some people may wind up picking up a set that is open box or, want to verify the box contents before beginning a build. For this set, there are 2 unnumbered baggies and an instruction book.

DSC_0221.JPG

BUILD AND EXECUTION

Hera's a real Type A personality and couldn't wait for me to begin building, so she started without me.

DSC_0224.JPG

The build was interesting. I didn't really see it unfolding like it did. Hera's having fun putting it together.

DSC_0226.JPG

To be perfectly candid, the build of the mmicrofighter was more interesting than the actual System set.

DSC_0228.JPG

We're shaping the hull to the odd angles incorporated into the Ghost.

DSC_0231.JPG

The clips are probably for the "wings"

DSC_0233.JPG

I'm pretty sure that the small thrusters are for sublight speed. They'll snap onto the red bracket.

DSC_0234.JPG

According to the system version, these pods are escape pods. I don't know that they aren't airlocks.

DSC_0239.JPG

Time to build more angles into the Ghost.

DSC_0243.JPG

Another red bracket goes onto the front. (note: I missed adding 2 1x2 light bluish grey plates here. I wound up adding them later.)

DSC_0244.JPG

There's a clear dome for the front of the ghost.

DSC_0246.JPG

Time to add the rear "wings" and the larger engines. Hera is very good at all of this.

DSC_0247.JPG

The front wings are next.

DSC_0249.JPG

I'm not sure that the "windshield" is facing the correct way. I'm not super happy about the stud shooter here. I guess it's something to deal with until they come up with a new way to fling pieces across a room.

DSC_0251.JPG

Voila, Hera has finished her work and it's ready to fly.

DSC_0252.JPG

REACTION

I actually really do like the look of this ship. The simplified design and cuter proportions make this look like a go-kart or one of those coin operated rides in front of the grocery stores. It was funner to build than the larger system version. I'll probably try to keep it out of the hands of my little girls so it doesn't get smashed. On the other hand, it might save my 75053 from their destructive hands.

DSC_0253.JPG

Hera is the same as the one in the 75053 The Ghost. She's got a 2 sided head.

DSC_0254.JPG

DSC_0256.JPG

FINAL THOUGHTS

As long as Rebels is on the TV, the Ghost will be featured. The System version was expensive for younger kids. It's also retired now. I think that parents of kids who like Star Wars Rebels will be looking for the cheaper alternative. Even if this set triples in value, it still has an important character and will continue to be cheaper than the now retired 75053. I see this one increasing in value and being in demand, moreso than any of the rest of this wave.

EXTRA PIECES

There are 7 pieces extra. 3 of them are the extra studs for the stud shooter.

DSC_0259.JPG

View full blog article

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, TheOrcKing said:

I agree. I find this review setup rather enjoyable and unique with the character 'building' the design in each frame.

I'm glad that people like them. It takes at least twice as long to set up pictures like this than it does to actually build the thing. On the other hand, the microfighter builds are so simplistic that it is a more interesting challenge to pose the minifigures doing something.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have never purchased any Microfighters sets- I saw them as a minfig + a very small set without much detail- and I always try to buy sets I would want to build and own myself. After seeing the rise of the Microfighters Millennium Falcon 75030 and ARC-170 75072, is anyone taking a look at Series 2 and 3? Is The Ghost #75127 considered to be the best set of Series 3?