Ideas #013: 21305 - Maze

firos

On ‎5‎-‎3‎-‎2016 at 0:50 PM, citymorgue said:

I'm not sure what you are referencing with the 'shield eyes from light,'

Spelling error on the printed panel in the first release of the DeLorean (SHEILD spelled with EI instead of the correct IE)

1 hour ago, gregpj said:

That link goes to the old version of the 6x6 tile. In this set they will include the new version which bottom tubes under the whole tile and not just in the centre: http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=10202#T=C

Edited by paulvdb

I have to admit that I had no desire whatsoever in getting this set. Now that I've seen the video, I actually want one now. It looks fun and I think my kids will love it. Very cool that you can change up the maze. With that said, I don't see this as a good set for investment though.

2 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

I have to admit that I had no desire whatsoever in getting this set. Now that I've seen the video, I actually want one now. It looks fun and I think my kids will love it. Very cool that you can change up the maze. With that said, I don't see this as a good set for investment though.

I'm on the opposite side. I love this set. I also believe it will do well, a Non-Lego maze alone will attract customers, (I've seen there are that kind of products selling in stores). This one has a plus, it's Lego! You can actually build your own maze. The only thing that could make it a bad investment is that TLG might over produce it and it gets over hoarded.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Listed on Toysrus.com.  They suckered me in.  I'm getting one for my office.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=71324296&cp=2255956.2273442.2255962.3696486.31151746&parentPage=family

You're getting older, mr Exciter .... same link was posted 3 hrs ago :)

3 hours ago, Phil B said:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Two things I have noticed about this set.  First,  I have never had so much fun with a completed lego set after the build.  My son and I have had an ongoing competition for 2 days now and it's still super fun and addictive.  Second, no lego set has ever made me curse so much as this set has.  This set is a must have for lego fans of any age and for those that just enjoy a good challenging game without electronics. 

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, waydog said:

Two things I have noticed about this set.  First,  I have never had so much fun with a completed lego set after the build.  My son and I have had an ongoing competition for 2 days now and it's still super fun and addictive.  Second, no lego set has ever made me curse so much as this set has.  This set is a must have for lego fans of any age and for those that just enjoy a good challenging game without electronics. 

I'm waiting for my other junk to ship and I'll get one from LEGO Shop at Home.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, brickolodon said:

I can see a couple flaws in this game...as always in Idea sets.

Care to expand? The only issue I've noticed is the limited tilt issue which I fixed using JKBrickWorks' fix, but that is not so much an issue as more of a preference thing. The maze works totally fine without the fix.

I think this is an amazing set. My son built his first custom maze and I just stumbled upon JKBrickWorks' Mini Golf Maze, which I'm sure will act as inspiration for our future mazes. Ideally I get some more parts (see - that's where this set is clever) to allow me to keep some Mazes without having to take them apart each time. Time to find sets with 8x16 plates in them :)

• Like 3

My boys got this set and absolutely love it! It is a fantastic new concept for Lego and I think this will be quite popular! We have built our way through all of the design ideas included in the instruction book, and now we are making up our own puzzles. Endless possibilities!

This one's a winner in my book!!

• Like 4

Wasn't sure if this set would be for me, but seems to be getting some love on here after people get hands on with it so I went for it. Helped that I had some points waiting to be used and the order qualifies for the Mr Freeze minifig.

lego_maze_order.JPG