Ideas #013: 21305 - Maze

firos

On 10/29/2016 at 2:13 AM, Mhd747 said:

This set is showing the same characteristics as the other 4 ideas "retiring soon" sets. It is a very slow seller, compared to the other 4 licensed idea sets, however it has been very well received by kids, us AFOL's on this site are not the main market for the set.

I'm not saying this set is going to perform amazing when compared to other licensed sets, but this set does have alot of positives going for it, such as:

-high probability this set might have an early retirement as it is not selling well

-supposedly dismissed by many

-will not be horded compared to other idea sets 

- less than 1 year shelf life if this set goes with the rest of the ideas sets this year

Why is everyone changing their mind about this set now?

If you are not sure about a set just leave it out, no need to start panic buying just because some people think it will do well.

I thought it would do well but the retiring soon tag make me unsure now.

5 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

If you are not sure about a set just leave it out, no need to start panic buying just because some people think it will do well.

That´s how the horde rolls. I think a lot of people were waiting to see if it was done before committing themselves as the last thing we wanted was a 6 months swansong like Exo. It´s rare and it went quietly. Two important plus points.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

Personally, I wanted to buy the Maze but it wasn't high on my priority list as I wrongly assumed it would have a much longer shelf life. Also, I was hoping it would become available outside of LEGO Shop at Home to get it at a decent discount. Maybe others had similar thoughts.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Brian Briggs said:

Personally, I wanted to buy the Maze but it wasn't high on my priority list as I wrongly assumed it would have a much longer shelf life. Also, I was hoping it would become available outside of LEGO Shop at Home to get it at a decent discount. Maybe others had similar thoughts.

At worst, people were waiting for the snowglobe and maybe a BF discount too. Last year we saw the same with Birds - wait too long and.....

poof.gif.5b6e7df3de7650441750fb0b740ed449.gif

2 minutes ago, Brian Briggs said:

what he said.

I was hoping this would end up at Galeria and thought it would be around at least for 1 year. 
Now the hunt begins ;) (amazon.de has some left at RRP)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ciglione said:

Yeah... but extremely hard to find a buyer. 

Lego games are not the best sellers.

especially since it can be bricklinked .  granted, some of the elements are pricey.  wow there might be a market for this set afterall.

current sales price / used bricks.

" 768 Items in 137 Unique Lots totalling US $240.07 ready to be uploaded into your inventory. "

• Like 1