41121 - Adventure Camp Rafting

TheOrcKing

• 8 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy

Apart from the Dolphin Cruisers, I've hardly made a penny on Friends sets even bought at -50%. I now leave this theme well alone at any price! The Tour Bus has been around half price in the UK at some retailers and still plenty in stock. I personally think the novelty of the theme is beginning to wear thin. There's simply too many sets, too many similar refreshes and too many discounts.

Apart from the Dolphin Cruisers, I've hardly made a penny on Friends sets even bought at -50%. I now leave this theme well alone at any price! The Tour Bus has been around half price in the UK at some retailers and still plenty in stock. I personally think the novelty of the theme is beginning to wear thin. There's simply too many sets, too many similar refreshes and too many discounts.

Beginning?

22 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

You must be buying the wrong sets, some friends sets are really good, from the 2016 sets you should buy the following as these should be winners:

41129: Amusement Park Hot Dog Van

41127: Amusement Park Arcade

41130: Amusement Park Roller Coaster

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mhd747 said:

You must be buying the wrong sets, some friends sets are really good, from the 2016 sets you should buy the following as these should be winners:

41129: Amusement Park Hot Dog Van

41127: Amusement Park Arcade

41130: Amusement Park Roller Coaster

If I recall, he doesn't have patience for sets he doesn't believe in.  He recently sold off a bunch of Friends that are still on retail shelves at around break-even or perhaps a slight loss just to clear space.  But they were bulk sales to shopkeepers or something, so they won't pay much but it let him get his money back easily.  Am I remembering correctly, @TabbyBoy ?

On a side not I've done quite well with the Friends sets, apart from the dud that is the jungle theme (and I expect the pop star to follow suit).  I don't really like this adventure/camping line either, but the normal HL line seems pretty good.  The Vet Clinics were an easy arbitrage a few months ago flipping TRU to FBA, while I've made 3x buy-in or more on Emma and Mia's cars.

EDIT:  After rereading, clearly I don't believe in their side themes, thought I like the new amusement park stuff.  And horses, though that might be saturated with all the offerings recently.

Edited by Sfcommando14