Pirates 2015

steveviscious89

Pirates were definitely my favorite theme when I was younger. Problem is, in my opinion, there hasn't been a good line of pirate sets since the early 90's. I don't really count the POC theme because it's licensed and not entirely original. I'm talking about an original Pirates theme reboot. I miss those days and I think they could really do well because the City theme seems to be over-saturating the market right now. It might provide some more variety.

Yes, another "me 2" post... but I agree. I can tell you I was excited to see that one of the upcoming Hobbit or LOTR sets was a ship! So, seeing your post made me realize I like the ships. I missed out on collecting them when they came out, and I am not willing to spend the money to pay for them today... but from here on out I will be buying at least 1 of any decent sized ship set that is produced.

HELL YEAH! VIKINGS RULE!!!!

I agree!! It's one of those awesome themes that are never talked about..........ahhhh the more I think about it the more I want MORE VIKINGS!!!!

It may cost a bit but one of these days I'm planning on buying a complete collection of every Vikings set that LEGO did! Since they did the entire theme as a UK exclusive originally, there is a collectible aspect to them besides being really cool. Plus, THEY HAD FREAKIN' DRAGONS!!

That a Gangplank reference?

It was just a pun off the ol' classic pirate phrase. You know, "Yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum!"

Are you referring to the character from League of Legends?

Yes, I sure am!

I should have known. Considering your avatar is "Corporate Mundo", that was a "well, duh!" moment, wasn't it? ;) I still haven't had a chance to play the game yet although I really want to. Always thought the artwork was great anyway and Dr. Mundo has been one of my favs since I saw the crazy bastard! Ha ha! Plus his abilities sound really good.

• 2 weeks later...

It's the only set that I literally could not keep sealed in box. I bought five of them, over time all five got opened and built haha

All 5?? Haha, I've built one and sold all but one sealed one. I can never let my last sealed set go. I have the same problem with my last Emerald Night. I can't seem to let it go either.