Pirates 2015

steveviscious89

Man wtf I'm seriously disappointed haha, I was extremely excited for the new pirates line but these pics seriously tanked it for me lol. the only thing I ll debate getting is the pirate ship since I didn't get brickbeards bounty but like others have said I guess I'm just spoiled from having a great ship like the imperial flagship. :p

I prefer the old style rigging to that on the new ships, especially the foresail, the old versions with rigging "string" going from stem to stern was far superior aesthetically and more true to a real ships rigging. Caribbean Clipper is my favorite of all time, then Original Imperial flagship, Black Seas Barracuda, then newer Imperial Flagship-which ranks lower just because of its new style rigging, which I did change out.  But it would be awesome if we see some retro imperial soldiers, bluecoats, but unlikely.  There have been so many awesome ships over the years its almost impossible for lego to outdo the earlier versions.  The sea cow is awesome as its rigging reminds me of the Maltese Falcon, the biggest fanciest most expensive sailing vessel ever conceived, with unstayed masts and no running rigging of any kind.

Edited by junkrigger
  • Like 1

Not enough blue coats!....but yeah....disappointing but somehow I don't think LEGO had AFOL's in mind for this...

Exactly, just like the Castle reboot last year. This is aimed at roping in the younger set - somewhere between Juniors and System.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Isn't it possible like with every theme, there's an exclusive set that hasn't been announced and might be a big surprise.  This set seems like something WM, TRU, Target and the local store will have in stock.  After having a name the ship contest and reintroducing the pirates theme, you would think there might be some more going on.  Same thing happened with the lego movie when those 4 sets came out later.

Isn't it possible like with every theme, there's an exclusive set that hasn't been announced and might be a big surprise. This set seems like something WM, TRU, Target and the local store will have in stock. After having a name the ship contest and reintroducing the pirates theme, you would think there might be some more going on. Same thing happened with the lego movie when those 4 sets came out later.

I really hope so. I actually like the new Pirate sets, although more for my 6yo son than me. One great set for me would be awesome.

I really hope so. I actually like the new Pirate sets, although more for my 6yo son than me. One great set for me would be awesome.

Are you saying that Lego may be targeting kids with the new Pirates line? Why would a toy company do such a thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpickeraaaaaaaswssssswssa