What set do you love to hate

Can I make a late case for Milano Spaceship?

It´s Super Heroes but has the name of a football team, looks like it has flown nose first into a brick wall, TLG pulled out all the marketing tages at their disposal to sell it (limited edition, retiring soon) and finally had to reduce the price. Still available for below retail almost one year after.

Don´t have any in my portfolio but still don´t like it.

Anything Chima or Star Wars Ep. 1: The Phantom Menace. All those sets suck. China sets are also a huge ripoff.

Also the AOU Hulk minifigure polybag and the Star Wars Rebels Stormtrooper Sergeant polybag, I can never find them! My local TRU either a) sells out really fast, or  never carries them at all! It's so frustrating!!!

Edited by Legocrafter02

4 minutes ago, CoastaLego said:

What about hate to Love.  I HATE that I LOVE the 70751 Temple of Airjitzu.  I have never had a Ninjago set and never intended too.  But it's too awesome and I have to get it.  So far I have resisted..but I won't be able to for much longer 

Embrace it.  ToA was the first Ninjago set I bought.  And after that, it's been all over.  A couple of mechs here, a couple of dragons there...

Just for display purposes, you could have an enjoy Japanese village that looks outstanding from these sets.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

that lex luther kryptonite set with wonder woman on perpetual sale for eternity (power armor lex). that one.

may i just add that here in Asia there are now fake lego sets where superman is inside of the power armor. as if superman needs it.  

i throw up a little every time i see those.

Edited by ppsagehen

10 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

That mammoth stomper. Been clearanced a year straight and still lingers

Amen to this. The only LEGO set still on the clearance rack in one of my WMs, and doesn't want to budge from its "Clearance" price of $89.97, which coincidentally is also RRP.

• Like 1

I dislike 3 of the TFA sets I've built.  Takodana, First Order Transporter and resistance transporter.  I know Lego didn't have a lot of new things to work with but god are they dire.

As for hate? Has to be Assault on Hoth. Complete waste of a UCS product space in my opinion. 

I pretty much hate everything that isn't star wars anymore. It's the only theme left where the demand can still outweigh the horde's hoard. That will change soon enough as greed and stupidity know no bounds. BETTAr THAN GOLD!!!!!!!!111

Buying lego is easy, selling lego is easier said than done, newbie undercutters are bound to quit their "lego hobby" if they don't get their strategy straight, and there will be many.

So they will hate ALL of those sets in stock which now they have to sell at buy-in or worse (I have a few myself of course...).

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest TabbyBoy

Can I say a theme instead? Star Wars!

If it has to be a set, then it has to be 71006 The Simpsons House as I can't bloody stand the show and it's been retired 6 times in a month!

11 hours ago, BigBrickFanatic said:

21312 Women Of NASA

Quite the opposite for me ;-)

Winter Toy Shop 10249.  This remake killed the theme for me.  As disappointing as the Taj Mahal re-release was, this was a total punch in the gut and I ended up selling all my holiday sets since they had totally lost that feeling of being special and limited.  I'll have a similar feeling and reaction when the first modular remake comes out, which you all know is going to happen.  Cafe Corner will be coming "out of the vault" at some point. 

14 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Winter Toy Shop 10249.  This remake killed the theme for me.  As disappointing as the Taj Mahal re-release was, this was a total punch in the gut and I ended up selling all my holiday sets since they had totally lost that feeling of being special and limited.  I'll have a similar feeling and reaction when the first modular remake comes out, which you all know is going to happen.  Cafe Corner will be coming "out of the vault" at some point. 

I reckon there is more money in reissuing Liberty or Eiffel plus the usual Star Wars suspects.

With the modulars they still have lots of mileage to cover releasing a new one every year.

I feel your pain, though. At least WTS 2.0 is doing well post EOL so there is demand.