The LEGO Batman Movie 2017

exciter1

Well, now we know where all the Lego designers for Superheroes and Star Wars have been spending their time, on Lego Batman!  YAYYYY!!!!  FML.  As if Arkham hadn't been enough of a dud already they come out with something, IMO, better.  Figures might be a turnoff for more of a purist, but I really like the building.  Batcave is a 6860 killer as if that was needed anyway.  Another dud that just got it's jugular sliced Catalyn Stark style.

That all said, they have done really well on these, too bad Arkham is a TRU exclusive, God I hate that place.  I can see my son wanting a lot of this, very much unlike the Lego Movie sets that he didn't want at all outside of the vehicles.  Batman was the best part of Lego Movie, so I expect this to actually be a very funny movie, and it's Lego, so 2 wins in one! 

This guy is going to be busy setting up the local CL ad and getting sets on Ebay tonight.  Luckily I don't have a ton of Arkham to move and only have a single 6860 left.  Purged most of the SH a while ago.

• Like 1

The New Batman Ayslum being a Lego and Toys R Us Exclusive to me is a good thing, that means it will be out about 2 years and the main thing 20% Coupon, and buy it on Thursday thats $45.00 off, I am sure there will be many 15-20% Toys R Us Off Coupons out for 2 years.

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't like it.  This looks more like Ms. Quinzels School for Psychopathic Adults.  

I don't like it either. They went for the jail yard features but I hate it when expensive sets like this have so many stand alone mini builds. This isn't an advent calendar.
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I think, for me, it looks too much like a "regular" prison, instead of the dark, gothic look we're used to for an Arkham / Gotham related building.

21 minutes ago, kris_1973 said:

Agreed. A nice prison build, but not what I think of for Arkham Asylum.

But in fairness, the Arkham Asylum was less dark and more prison like from the pictures I googled... But I doubt it had a neat little picnic table and a fancy little basketball hoop as central play features for the inmates.

They really missed an opportunity (again) IMO by using bright colors and not including a tan base plate here to simulate a gravelly/sandy outdoor area. With the tower in one corner, the asylum along two edges and some removable security fencing (to get into the play area) they'd have hit a home run. Instead they made a big set that will appeal more to my generation (40s) but has play features for kids a la Friends style.

The back of the build is "crowded",  "flows very poorly from scene to scene" and is far too colorful to be a place for crazy people.

• Like 3