41134 - Heartlake Performance School

TheOrcKing

• 4 weeks later...

Brickset has an image of the set - as part of a multi-image:

rebrick_friends-runnerup_prize%20banner%

According to Brickset:

41134 Heartlake Performance School has been revealed in an image on ReBrick. Although this shot is only very small we can see the main sections of the set which include a stage, a school bus and a large main building combining features of 41005 Heartlake High and 41101 Heartlake Grand Hotel. The school bus looks particularly impressive to me and can hinge open to reveal some interior details.

Presumably this set will be a retailer exclusive as it was not shown at the toy fairs earlier in the year.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Just from the artwork, it does appear very hollow on the other side of the door and windows.

I agree, they seem to be making a lot more sets that show buildings with more fascade (but much less of an interior play area).

It used to be the cheap non-LEGO companies that did this - It's nice to see LEGO continuing to lower the bar.

Edited by KShine
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KShine said:

I agree, they seem to be making a lot more sets that show buildings with more fascade (but much less of an interior play area).

It used to be the cheap non-LEGO companies that did this - It's nice to see LEGO continuing to lower the bar.

Not sure what you would expect from these kind of sets.  Of course a modular school build would be great, but it would be double the price point for this set.

Also, the interior play areas are not bad based the pictures from the back of the box.  The music room on the attic is a plus IMHO

HEwFcH5.jpg

• 1 month later...

It feels as though the bus and facade of the building received the most attention while the interior is rather barren with minimal furnishings and gear. From the looks of everything, all of the school's funding went into their music program which I imagine works in tandem with their class on video streaming (according to the YouTube esque symbol in the sign sticker). Anyway, the architecture is along the lines of simplicity yet sporting some bits of detail without being busy. Funny thing, I think the bus could have sold as a standalone set.

• 2 years later...
Guest TabbyBoy

The novelty seems to have worn off Friends sets. However, they part out nicely if the discount is >60% off. I think the last "gem" of the theme was the Pop Star Bus which is now reaching £70 and I bought 99 from Tesco for £8 each during the golden era! Nothing currently floats my boat, but I will wait for the Catamaran to drop by at least 50%.

The novelty seems to have worn off Friends sets.

Hardly. I'm selling Supermarket and Puppy Day Care for 2.5x RRP, Foals Washing Station for 3x RRP, and Puppy Pampering for 4x RRP. Others aren't doing as well as those, but you should at least try to be somewhat accurate when laying out your latest glass-half-empty drivel.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 5

Hardly. I'm selling Supermarket and Puppy Day Care for 2.5x RRP, Foals Washing Station for 3x RRP, and Puppy Pampering for 4x RRP. Others aren't doing as well as those, but you should at least try to be somewhat accurate when laying out your latest glass-half-empty drivel.

Don't forget the Arcade and Stephanie's Friendship cakes, both also at 3xRRP. Love the theme, fairly easy to pick the winners.

Guest TabbyBoy
20 minutes ago, redcell said:

Not so well in the UK, unfortunately. My best score was the 3188 Heartlake Vet, but I did get them at 67% off.