40166 - LEGOLAND Train

Not quite a seasonal set but was not sure where it fits in the range. Heading to legoland with the kids and was tempted to pick up a few. probably going to be around for a while but might have a quick flip potential. Not my usual price range or strategy but have filled up my large storage area so thought I might try a few smaller sets. Anyone else had any experience on this set. 

You're right, we don't have a topic for this.  Typically, we put these type of set topics into Creator as a sort of catch all.  I went ahead and moved it there.

I've had some luck selling these at more than 2x RRP.  Check eBay listings.  They don't move quickly, but they do move fast enough that I'm happy   They're basically selling at BOGO for me - I buy one, and I clear enough to buy another with the proceeds.  I'm not raking in the dough, but exponential growth is always nice.  I buy one, and the sell pays for two. 

• Like 1

In the end after a long day in legoland and three children running wild in the shop I passed on them. It was a little stressful and me buying 6 of these may have sent my wife over the edge! Also missed a tumbler and loads of Ant Men at full price. Oh well - always more to be stocking up on. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...