10252 - Volkswagen Beetle

JeffProbst

The danger is of course that shipping gets "delayed" and you can legitimately ding them on shipping if that happens but yes I remember reading that eBay allows it as long as it's very clear in the listing that it's a preorder.

Shipping and eBay seller tracking is tricky. I pre-ordered some German DFB figs from a seller on the east coast. Awesome price, locked in before they blew up in price. The seller immediately sent me a piece of paper w/ order details via First Class. So the tracking has a verified delivery date right when I paid for it. Then I waited three weeks for the figs. Seller had to pay $2.50 for the 3oz, but a smart move to avoid eBay seller defects.

Shipping and eBay seller tracking is tricky. I pre-ordered some German DFB figs from a seller on the east coast. Awesome price, locked in before they blew up in price. The seller immediately sent me a piece of paper w/ order details via First Class. So the tracking has a verified delivery date right when I paid for it. Then I waited three weeks for the figs. Seller had to pay $2.50 for the 3oz, but a smart move to avoid eBay seller defects.

When you leave feedback it now asks if you received your parcel by that date. I recently ordered some items from Germnay that missed the date by a few days but I just answered yes because the seller was awesome to deal with and I think the eBay delivery estimate was **** anyways.
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

Any FBA sellers having an issue with the product page showing for this one?  I submitted a case and was told it's been fixed, but it doesn't appear to be.  I try to keep my Amazon case count as low as possible, so I may just recall my inventory on this one.  Curious if you guys are seeing the same thing. 

Any FBA sellers having an issue with the product page showing for this one?  I submitted a case and was told it's been fixed, but it doesn't appear to be.  I try to keep my Amazon case count as low as possible, so I may just recall my inventory on this one.  Curious if you guys are seeing the same thing. 

It's been gone for a couple of days for me also.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, justgod said:

So the wife just built this set and loves it. I had a question on the stickers. Anybody know where number 16 goes? There are two of them that are mirror images. We went through the manual several times and can't find it. Anybody able to help?

Just downloaded and reviewed the instructions, it's on page 115 in step 199, looks like the side handles on the red/white ice chest or cooler.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, #1498 said:

Many European Lego LEGO Shop at Home has badged the Beetle as "Hard to find" and for today only is on sale at 20% off, limit 2.

What do you think about it?

Hard to Find is just marketing ... The generally reserve that tag for items that won't be sold at every LEGO retailer, but almost always sometimes it's just non sense.

It's not hard to find at all. 20% for personal build is OK, but as investment you've got better options.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Hard to Find is just marketing ... The generally reserve that tag for items that won't be sold at every LEGO retailer, but almost always sometimes it's just non sense.

It's not hard to find at all. 20% for personal build is OK, but as investment you've got better options.

Bear in mind that it isn't really 20%, since it comes with a nutcracker as well, after the addition of one single brick from pick-a-brick. 

9 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

Bear in mind that it isn't really 20%, since it comes with a nutcracker as well, after the addition of one single brick from pick-a-brick. 

The nutcracker helped to rise even more doubt in an inexperienced buyer as I am.

1 hour ago, Captain_chaos said:

You have to sell the nutcracker to offset the cost, it's worth $0 until you do that.

Not to mention the nutcracker sucks.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

With this set now "apparently" retiring and "maybe" done with production I keep debating whether it is worth it to pick up at MSRP as in my area everyone seems to be asking about $80 over that on a local selling site.   So just trying to decide if there's an opportunity or are there a bunch of re-sellers just waiting to flood the local market as much lower prices due to the longer run of this set?

Decisions, decisions.......

I don't think there will be many re-sellers because:

1. All the people are still full stock of T1 and probably they didn't want to buy another one (similar) 

2. Everybody thought that this will stick for many years (also like the T1)

3. No leaks till now about this set retiring in 2020

• Like 1