1. 1. What nation will win Euro 2016 ?

• Germany ~ They are World Champions after all
    • France ~ Hosts for the win
    • Spain ~ A triple for the record book
    • Belgium ~ Dark horse
    • England ~ Why not
    • Others

At least Vertonghen and alderweireld have performed well for Spurs

True, but they have always been on the LB & RB positions in our NT and I m afraid it ll be the same during the EC, due to lack of better players on that position.

Spain left Costa and Mata out

germany included sweini and Podolski (?!?) in their preliminary squad. Gündoğan is out yet again . 

rashford made it to the England preliminary squat. Gotta feel bad for Welbeck , he was having a good second half of he season , out for 9 months now . 

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

So, in today's test match that Germany won 2-0 vs Hungary, there was one goal scored and declared offside, which was a wrong decision, and the two goals that DID count both WERE IN FACT offside, but declared legit. Ridiculous "sport", my opinion remains.

Kind of balanced out as Gomez was offside for the second

15 minutes ago, Will 4 said:

Kind of balanced out as Gomez was offside for the second

I was referring to football's massive flaws in refereeability. Out of three game-deciding referee decisions, all three were wrong because of a rule (offside) that is impossible to enforce properly.  Still they change nothing about it and dont even think about asking themselves if that rule is needed at all, 90 years after it was introduced for totally different reasons than what it is supposed (but not able) to ensure in games today.

1 minute ago, Frank Brickowski said:

I was referring to football's massive flaws in refereeability. Out of three game-deciding referee decisions, all three were wrong because of a rule (offside) that is impossible to enforce properly.  Still they change nothing about it and dont even think about asking themselves if that rule is needed at all, 90 years after it was introduced for totally different reasons than what it is supposed (but not able) to ensure in games today.

They are starting to experiment with video technology . I do agree that many ref decisions have changed game outcomes 

11 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

They are starting to experiment with video technology . I do agree that many ref decisions have changed game outcomes 

About effing time, the sport eventually needs to leave stone age in many regards. I suspect the biggest obstacle for sensible modernization in past decades was Blatter himself. Still a lot of old men remain in the high ranks of FIFA. Introducing video replays being reviewed on the field would be a great step forward, yet I stay sceptical if this will ever become reality.

Edited by Frank Brickowski

3 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

uninspiring display by France today aside from Payet. they do however have a relatively easy path to the semis

Uninspiring... yes, I'd put it more directly and say: 90 boring minutes of a tournament game being part of the best this sport should have to offer - witnessed by billions live on TV. They should have broadcast the NBA finals instead, that would have come much, much closer to the term "sports entertainment". The Euro 2016 opening game was more like "sports boredom". So, what a relieve this game is over... oh, wait... four more weeks ahead... D'oh!

Edited by Frank Brickowski

Frank it's clear you don't like football so why keep putting yourself through the misery of watching it. It's growing a little tiresome when every football related thread gets hijacked into the "why Frank Brickowski hates football" Maybe a mod could create you your own thread and move each of your derogatory posts so the rest of us don't have to endure trawling through them.

15 hours ago, Frank Brickowski said:

Uninspiring... yes, I'd put it more directly and say: 90 boring minutes of a tournament game being part of the best this sport should have to offer - witnessed by billions live on TV. They should have broadcast the NBA finals instead, that would have come much, much closer to the term "sports entertainment". The Euro 2016 opening game was more like "sports boredom". So, what a relieve this game is over... oh, wait... four more weeks ahead... D'oh!

What do you think hooliganism was invented for look at the England and Russian fans in Marseilles entertaining themselves.