Toys R Us Gift Card Offer (UK) Discussion

How have you managed that? The coupon code box disappears for me once one code has been accepted. 

In the first screen it gives you the option to enter a voucher code, then when you move to the next screen it has a small blue line with a plus sign for gift cards, once you've entered one it applys the saving amount and you can put another in

In the first screen it gives you the option to enter a voucher code, then when you move to the next screen it has a small blue line with a plus sign for gift cards, once you've entered one it applys the saving amount and you can put another in

e779b1c14ca8a297f197222d597ed536.jpg

My Toys R Us Promo Cards worked a treat !! When purchasing sets instore during the promotion period TRU issued my with physical gift cards (2 x £10 on each per £40 spend) as opposed to promotional codes.  When using these online it allowed me to stack without any issues, although the website only allows a maximum of 5 gift cards per transaction. Therefore I purchased a UCS Tie for effectively £120 and an Indominus Rex Breakout (reduced to £90 at the beginning of the week) for £40.  Purchased online via cashback website I also saved another 5% so all in all not a bad day at the office !! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LahH001 said:

That's annoying. I thought the physical cards could only be redeemed in store otherwise I would have done the same as you and put it towards a big purchase.

I wasn't expecting it to let me use them to be honest as on the reverse of the card it strictly says one card to be used per transaction, but I scratch off the pin, entered the code and the orders went through !! :derisive:

On 4/19/2016 at 3:52 PM, BarryZola said:

It will be a bit disappointing if you turn up to another store with a UCS Tie and they say you can't use more than one voucher now. Like you say though, you may be fortunate and find some more good staff who are willing to use some discretion and allow you to stack them. Like I said in one of my posts above, both stores I went to yesterday said no to stacking and I just took that as final and didn't want to ruin anyone's day by getting into a debate about it. We'll still manage to get good deals either way so no way am I going to bust anyone's balls whilst trying to use the giftcards. I wish you good luck :)

P.S - Went back to my local store today to get some more Antman sets, they only had a bashed up one left on the shelf so asked if they had any more 'out the back'. The girl checked and they hadn't, and before I could say anything else she asked if I wanted to see if she could get a discount on the bashed up one. She checked with her boss and he said is a fiver off any good? I said yeah, great. So ended up with a £20 Antman set for £5 after using a giftcard too. I feel some minifigures may be about to go on Ebay ;)  Need to check prices first.

A couple of years ago I tried using fifteen £10 giftcards towards buying a Tower Bridge from the Reading store, but they refused. However last year I was able to buy a Simpsons House stacking £10 giftcards at the Basingstoke store. I think it's really down to the Store Managers discretion. 

• Like 1

I must admit i am tempted to go up to the store manager and say.  Look i can either put through 32 seperate price matched transactions or you can let me spend 27 of them on gbhq lol.

Although the info above about using the cards online could make life much easier. 

9 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I must admit i am tempted to go up to the store manager and say.  Look i can either put through 32 seperate price matched transactions or you can let me spend 27 of them on gbhq lol.

Although the info above about using the cards online could make life much easier. 

Yeah, as @Crustybeaver mentioned, I think its all down to the store managers discretion and I imagine that the promotion being very popular the majority will stick to their guns as per the T&Cs on the cards and say 1 card per transaction to stop people from purchasing exclusive sets at a discount.  Therefore online is probably easier.  Also, because I'm a bit of a pessimist, I decided to use these cards online sooner rather then later as my worry would be that their system might start to flag up that people have been stacking the cards as a bit of a loop hole and therefore it may only be a matter of time until they 'flick a switch' to put a stop to it !! As I said, I'm a bit of a pessimist !! Lol With a max discount of £50 by combining 5 cards, you could still pick a pet shop up for £70 which isn't to be sniffed at ! At the risk of opening another can of worms you may be able to flip it within 6 months for a tidy profit ! Or do as I did and purchase a UCS Tie for the shelf !!! :derisive:

Edited by Manse1001

To be honest the way I've logged these in my brickfolio i knocked the discounts of the sets i bought.  So these purchases to me are full price. So its either buy sets i want or discounted sets for investment.  I too am a pessimist so i will be doing some ordering tonight.  

Ah so you meant proper gift cards not the ones given as part of the offer.  I see now.

The code I entered on the first screen was one from an email. The 2 gift cards were the 2 I was given in store, the spend 40 get a 10 gift card to spend on lego from the 18th-

The second was the same but off anything in store.

So my 75055 from my Toysrus order I posted yesterday in the daily deals thread arrived this morning (rather quick). I was expecting a return/store room football based on the limited amount of stock of 75055 suddenly appearing on the TRU webstite after all these months, but I got a Minty fresh sealed box in a resealed Lego outer box. Well Chuffed!!

Arrived this morning seal code was 43S5 in case anyone's curious. TRU also retrospectively applied the coupon code that wasn't working in the morning after also sending through new ones by email.

IMG_1378_twk.jpg

Edited by neco