42056 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS

TheOrcKing

9 hours ago, tacsniper said:

Just fielding opinions, how much more life you guys think this set have?  I personally think there is at least another year. I can't imagine they put so much into design and license just for two years.

Large Technic sets last 2.5 years so one would expect this to be done at end of 2018. The Bugatti replacement is on a 6 month overlap.

Going in and out of stock now is a sign that this is accurate as they adjust production to demand.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Gary81 said:

£130 clearance at Argos for this at the moment. I appreciate this is probably hoarded - but this is the cheapest I have ever seen it. In stock where I am as well.

Tempted to bite on a few at this price. Anybody managed to pick these up cheaper?

I saw this on HUKD. Of course, there'll only be C&C stock >200 miles away. I can only imagine the vast production numbers of this set and I'll say now that it will NEVER recover RRP on the aftermarket. It's been very available with big discounts for a long time and, there's simply too many out there. Expect to recover below RRP on the aftermarket for many years, a bit like the Unimog now.

I can even see this price dropping to below £100 as the excess needs to be sold somehow. Then I may buy one, just the one!

6 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I saw this on HUKD. Of course, there'll only be C&C stock >200 miles away. I can only imagine the vast production numbers of this set and I'll say now that it will NEVER recover RRP on the aftermarket. It's been very available with big discounts for a long time and, there's simply too many out there. Expect to recover below RRP on the aftermarket for many years, a bit like the Unimog now.

I can even see this price dropping to below £100 as the excess needs to be sold somehow. Then I may buy one, just the one!

You should stock up and find a way to get there her in the US for cheap. Very few discounts on this side of the pond.

I´d say anyone who has doubts about acquiring this set at almost half price just a quarter before it retires might as well have doubts about buying ANY lego set for profit.

Hoarded - for sure but there is and will be demand for this one well above that of niche stuff like the Unimog. The price of the Bugatti even makes it look good value at rrp.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Edd said:

I managed to get 17 all picked up from different locations. Average cost £113. After 6%  off voucher card and £10 gift card. All ordered on the same account.

thanks for that, what was the max you got from 1 store?

Edited by raulaco

19 hours ago, Edd said:

3 per trip. I think it's best to pay online and pick up they don't say much.

I was in Barnsley picking up my 3 today and the guy serving told me that someone had ordered 95 of them in the back. I could see them all loaded up on a pallet ready for them. I worry about ordering 3 and some guy gets away with ordering 95 haha. Maybe its someone on here who knows, I certainly do not have the capital to do that :)

Edited by raulaco

27 minutes ago, raulaco said:

I was in Barnsley picking up my 3 today and the guy serving told me that someone had ordered 95 of them in the back. I could see them all loaded up on a pallet ready for them. I worry about ordering 3 and some guy gets away with ordering 95 haha. Maybe its someone on here who knows, I certainly do not have the capital to do that :)

d583fa6e388285d10b1958988a78c9ff--funnie

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, godernst said:

I wish I had bought this at retail when I had the chance... look at the price now in the re-sale market!

this one rocketed 4shure.

I think the Lambo release (during CV scarcity) legitimized the entire line...and the target buyers have the money.

I got one for (personal collection) $230 during its final swan song on LEGO Shop at Home Black Friday...absolutely treasured it...but looking at $600 to $700 re-sell...damn tempting

I bought a bunch from amazon UK @133gbp back in June 18. I sold all of them except one during the lockdown. Now I'm tempted to sell my remaining one but given the expansion of this line I think it will continue to appreciate.

Interestingly a buyer who bought a bugatti from me recently asked whether I had a spare porsche to sell, I told him to just bite the bullet and get one now before it goes up even further. Maybe it if hits 600 here, I will let it go.