Star Wars May the 4th Lego Specials Start Tonight

Val-E

New calendar is up.

May 2016 LEGO Store Calendar

Tonight starts the LEGO May the 4th Star Wars Event.  To start with, you at least get 20% off most Star Wars items.  On top of that you get your Double VIP points on all Lego Star Wars products which ends up being a decent discount.  Based on discussions in the forum, it appears that many are starting to eye up the 75094 Imperial Shuttle Tydirium

• Free shipping on all orders with no minimum.
  • Free 30602 First Order Stormtrooper (pictured above) with your order of $50 or more of LEGO Star Wars products.
  • Double VIP points on all LEGO Star Wars products.
  • Free LEGO-fied Star Wars The Force Awakens poster with all LEGO Star Wars purchases.

All offers are good from April 30th through May 4th while supplies last at all LEGO Brand Retail Stores and online at LEGO Shop@Home.

If you were lucky enough to get one of these invites below, you can get early access to a LEGO retail shop and hopefully get yourself one of those Limited run Space Slugs :)

may-4th-special-invite.jpg

Celebrate LEGO® Star Wars™ with Exclusive Offers and Free Shipping!show?id=jfOcdvfTNg4&bids=115554.10001415

If you are located in the USA: CLICK HERE
If you are located in Canada: CLICK HERE
If you are located in the UK: CLICK HERE

LEGO Star Wars May The Fourth 2016 Sale List

Item name – US MSRP / US Sale Price / CA MSRP / CA Sale Price

Other Sale Items

If you’ve made it this far you should also know that there are additional non-Star Wars items going on sale during the same sale period, from April 30th through May 4th. The items on list, too, will see the same 20% discount applied and free shipping with no minimum, but unfortunately there are no other perks to this list. Here are the items on sale:

Item name – US MSRP / US Sale Price / CA MSRP / CA Sale Price

View full blog article

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Martae54 said:
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

SWEET.. Double VIP For 5 days on SW sets AND a FO Stormtrooper polybag... Man that's good stuff!! 

Are you joking? We have had now double points for ALL sets during March + Chicken bonus set, which is more valuable than stormtrooper (which is in every second E7 set). This is the worst May the 4th offer ever! They should offer some special discounts for SW sets (which were worse and worse every year, but better than nothing). This May4 is a bad joke !!!!

• Like 1

Just now, mesje said:

Are you joking? We have had now double points for ALL sets during March + Chicken bonus set, which is more valuable than stormtrooper (which is in every second E7 set). This is the worst May the 4th offer ever! They should offer some special discounts for SW sets (which were worse and worse every year, but better than nothing). This May4 is a bad joke !!!!

I am looking for 50% off of Assault on Hoth if not a single set is sold from April 30 - May 3rd !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Worse, I was actually using Hoth Han as reference point :P  Even though Han minifig was in every other set, at least  he was one of the main characters

I meant it the other way around. Revan is awesome. He is not MC of the movies, but one of the most popular games. People always want MC-s, obscures and variants less so. 

22 minutes ago, inversion said:

I meant it the other way around. Revan is awesome. He is not MC of the movies, but one of the most popular games. People always want MC-s, obscures and variants less so. 

Not so sure about that.  The price of Admiral Yularen polybag is higher than Hoth Han polybag, and Hoth Han had 2 years head start

• Like 1

With the May the 4th figure, Lego must have wanted to add to the disappointment of the UCS Hoth release.  Geez, this may be the first May the 4th where I don't buy any Star Wars from shop at home.

A hermit Luke minifig from Ep 7 with exclusive printing would have been a great promo.  We likely won't see a Luke minfig from Ep. 8 until the Force Friday release of sets in late 2017.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I was not comparing Revan with anything since that poly is awesome in so many ways. 

I questioned the claim that people always want MC over obscure characters

I referred to exclusive MC-s. If that would be Han's only source it would command hundreds by now. But I get your point.

1 minute ago, Alpinemaps said:

I honestly might buy because of that. I have the other 6. Wanting to do some vignette in my son's room. Adding this would be cool.

Yeah, my son has all 6 hanging in his room.  We put them in some cheap 16x20 frames you can get at walmart.  I was wondering if there would be one for Force Awakens, and i'm glad that's finally going to happen, so we can keep adding to them.  I'm sure, they'll be making one for each film, so i'd suspect we'll also get one for Rogue One down the line.

To me the May 4th promo is decent.  2xVIP, a poster, a polybag...  That's at least a 25.00 discount if you spend 100.  The polybag probably won't hit Yularen, Revan, or even the Winter Soldier prices, but I bet it will at least go for around 10.00 within a few months.  Poster may be somewhat more exclusive, especially if it's only available for a few days.  I'll probably use that day to buy the Slave 1 i've been neglecting.

4 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

, but I bet it will at least go for around 10.00 within a few months. 

Why would somebody pay USD 10 for a polybag with a minifig, which is same (or almost same) as other first order stormtroopers, which go for USD 3-4 in bricklink ? USD 10 is price for exclusive fig (Yularen, Revan), or at least a fig with special printing.

If I would like to buy SW set for best price, I would wait to October, when I get same 2x points, but also a Xmas bonus with value between EUR 15-30 (so at least EUR 10 more than the expected price of this stormtrooper).

The discounts for lego are going worse and worse last years (at least in Europe) and hard to expect more than 20% discounts for big exclusive sets (combination of 2xpoints and bonus set in LEGO Shop at Home, or during TRU special days). But it is logical - because TLG is able to have bigger and bigger turnovers from year to year and has lags in production even without discounts.