Star Wars May the 4th Lego Specials Start Tonight

Val-E

43 minutes ago, mesje said:

Why would somebody pay USD 10 for a polybag with a minifig, which is same (or almost same) as other first order stormtroopers, which go for USD 3-4 in bricklink ? USD 10 is price for exclusive fig (Yularen, Revan), or at least a fig with special printing.

If I would like to buy SW set for best price, I would wait to October, when I get same 2x points, but also a Xmas bonus with value between EUR 15-30 (so at least EUR 10 more than the expected price of this stormtrooper).

The discounts for lego are going worse and worse last years (at least in Europe) and hard to expect more than 20% discounts for big exclusive sets (combination of 2xpoints and bonus set in LEGO Shop at Home, or during TRU special days). But it is logical - because TLG is able to have bigger and bigger turnovers from year to year and has lags in production even without discounts.

Why were people paying close to 20.00 for Winter Soldier last year?  They were...I sold my two when they hit that price, and I think the Mr Freeze figure will go that road too.  Revan is actually around 35 right now on amazon in the US. I'm not saying this figure will go that high by any means, but like always as soon as something is announced on this site, there's always this big whine fest, and it gets old.  Yeah, it probably would have been better to have some obscure alien from Maz's Castle, but i'm not going to throw to big of a fit over it.  To me the poster is sufficient, but just because we are collecting them.  

I don't disagree with you about buying sets in October, especially if you get a good set like last year with the Holiday Train or later with the Gingerbread House.  That's definitely the month to buy as investments.  That's when most sets are about to phase out, and when you add in those promos, it's usually gold for at least a little while until there's a race to the bottom.  Last years winter promos were a GEM!  I'm still amazed at what those went for during the holiday rush.  However, will that happen again this year with the christmas snow globe?  Not so sure.  We shall see.  

I'm happy with the May the 4th promo though.  2xVIP, a moderately exclusive Promo, and the Lego Force Awakens Poster is a good discount.

• Like 1

May the 4th, or Star Wars Day, gets bigger and bigger, and LEGO never misses out on a chance to drive more LEGO Star Wars sales. For the past several years, LEGO has offered a free exclusive giveaway on May 4, and this year is no exception, they'll have 2. This year’s promotional giveaway will be free exclusive First Order Stormtrooper w/ Star Wars purchases of $50 or more.  As a bonus, and something they've never done before, buyers will get microscale Ghost White X-Wing set free with Star Wars purchases of $199 or more. The offer should be valid in stores and online.
LEGO May 4th PROMO X-Wing

• Like 5

Yea baby! :beerhat:  I was waiting for something good before I pulled the trigger on a UCS during the last x2 points. I guess it's time to decide what to buy. Do we have any pics on the space slug set? Although this is in NJ, I would assume this is going to be at all Lego stores. plus or minus the one hour early opening.

Edited by Deanfjr

25 minutes ago, Mos_Eisley said:

The Space Slug set is only available if you receive an invitation to the VIP event. Each store only has about 28 slots and they've likely been filled already. 

The new release might be the new Minecraft The Village exclusive. 

So how did people get on the invitation list?  Random, some kind of sign up or just buy a lot at those stores??

11 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Here's the real May 4th offer:

Edit to add:  Another poster on Eurobricks as said they've seen a picture of the set, and that it's small - around 150 pieces.  They also mentioned the scale to be similar to that of an Advent Calendar MF.

Just called my local store and they had a couple spots still available for the 9 - 10am space. They only have 28 spots as mentioned so call now if you want in. It helps to know your local lego store peeps but I am sure a little sweet talking would do the trick if the spots are still open. Thanks for the post @Alpinemaps. Now what's a space slug look like that they might consider giving away? :)

• Like 1