Solo: A Star Wars Story - Movie Discussion

Message added by Jeff Mack

Link to the "spoiler/I have seen it" thread for Solo: A Star Wars movie (remember you need to "join" the club to view the content)
https://community.brickpicker.com/forums/topic/19227-the-i-have-seen-solo-and-want-to-talk-about-it-thread/

• 1 year later...
40 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Is the Bobba Fett movie still happening? I've bet about 1.5k worth of Slave 1's on this. Here's hoping it doesn't stick around till 2020.

So you bought 2 off of TRU during their family and friends sale?

1 hour ago, tjj1984 said:

So you bought 2 off of TRU during their family and friends sale?

The sale was that bad? I didn't follow it.

Got most of mine for around 180€.

1 hour ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I don't know that there was ever a definitive announcement that one was coming.

I thought so. There were some articles a while ago that they were having trouble thinking of a Disney friendly story about a bounty hunter.

Afaik the original schedule was:

2015 episode 7

2016 spinoff (rogue one)

2017 episode 8

2018 spinoff (han solo)

2019 episode 9

2020 spinoff (boba fett???)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

I thought so. There were some articles a while ago that they were having trouble thinking of a Disney friendly story about a bounty hunter.

Afaik the original schedule was:

2015 episode 7

2016 spinoff (rogue one)

2017 episode 8

2018 spinoff (han solo)

2019 episode 9

2020 spinoff (boba fett???)

Pretty sure it was always speculation fueled by the  rumor mill. I think the only 2 that were confirmed for sure were rogue one and han solo.

Nothing has been confirmed about the 2020 movie.  I'd like to see something set in between the ROTJ and TFA.  Once episode 9 is done, something to fill in the years after Jedi.

I'll go see the Han Solo movie, but it would be nice to see movies where they introduce new characters that have some small tie in to the Star Wars universe as we know it. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, gobuffs98 said:

Nothing has been confirmed about the 2020 movie.  I'd like to see something set in between the ROTJ and TFA.  Once episode 9 is done, something to fill in the years after Jedi.

I'll go see the Han Solo movie, but it would be nice to see movies where they introduce new characters that have some small tie in to the Star Wars universe as we know it. 

The life of Kitster and Wald since Boonta Eve?

33 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Maybe something like the Thrawn books.  Explores the empire and their transformation into the first order.  Maybe a movie that focuses more on the evil empire than the resistance.

50 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

15 minutes ago, gobuffs98 said:

Maybe something like the Thrawn books.  Explores the empire and their transformation into the first order.  Maybe a movie that focuses more on the evil empire than the resistance.

The adventures of Sidon Ithano & Quiggold :cool:

5 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Pretty sure it was always speculation fueled by the  rumor mill. I think the only 2 that were confirmed for sure were rogue one and han solo.

I also saw a rumor Disney has plans for Episode 10, 11, and 12 past 2020.  So, things are just beginning.  

I would like to see a movie where the jedis are completely wiped out, but Ewoks and Gungans become force active and bring balance back to the galaxy.

27 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I would like to see a movie where the jedis are completely wiped out, but Ewoks and Gungans become force active and bring balance back to the galaxy.

Young force sensitive Gungan and his scrappy Ewok pilot vs Darth Jar Jar, the one true Sith. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tjj1984 said:

Yeah, it was a joke. TRU jacked up their prices so that no one could buy exclusives with the 20% off. I think it was listed as $299

Wow that's ridiculous.

I know toyrus.nl increased prices of the x-wing to 99,99€ and listed it as a top deal. Toysrus.de disabled online ordering for all SW exclusives during the 20% off :nono: Next day they enabled it again.

Over here there's a law that says stores are not allowed to increase prices for something like a month before the sales. Then again they rarely have sales on Lego except Duplo, Chima or Friends.

12 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

Yeah it's possible that it's all just rumors. Although I'm sure we'll see more of Boba Fett at some point, doesn't have to be in a dedicated movie.

12 hours ago, gobuffs98 said:

I'd also like to see some new characters. Really liked the Star Wars Rebels animated series and I think it proves that there is room for new characters in the SW univese IF they ae done well.

• Like 1

The Han Solo movie starring Alden Ehrenreich and Woody Harrelson has begun production.

On Monday co-director Chris Miller posted on Twitter an image of a clapboard from the set of the Star Wars spin-off film.

It was also revealed that the shooting name is Red Cup, which is a play on the lead character’s name.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4172744/Han-Solo-spinoff-Star-Wars-team-starts-production.html

• Like 3

• 1 month later...